Friday, February 22, 2008

Still Breathing


I received this in an email today...funny stuff. Lil' Clyde cracks me up.















I saw this online the other day...ads from the 50's/ 60's...















Yep...
shoepants. Anyone? You can actually order these, today.












When was the last time YOU forgot to use Chase Sanborn Coffee? Ladies, step up or be punished... er...I mean SPANKED










Oh yes they did!!











This was an email I received from J-Wimm- stunning...(be sure to click on it for better reading)








So, you now know I haven't been up to much. Right after my Jan 20th post I left for North Carolina for a week. Came home with a viscious strain of bronchitis. Kicked my butt and had me in bed for 2 weeks. Except for Bigun's Gasparilla Marathon, I got out of bed for that. His mom and her hubby were in for a long weekend as Mama Bigun raced the half marathon. They left on Tuesday and then my friend Lisa and her husband arrived late Thursday night. Crazy, crazy schedule. Bigun had other priorities, you know, like blogging and podcasting. That meant I was picking up the slack. Yep, I went there...lol
I've missed you guys, I am hoping to get back to my old blogging self. I have been lurking and catching up on your posts as often as I can.
Thanks for stopping back in. Post with you soon!!
Di

p.s. I finished The Pillars of The Earth and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rumor has it, Iron Jenny just cracked the spine on her copy....

19 comments:

Bill said...

Thanks Di.

I know I needed to clean my monitor, but after that first picture made me spit my beer on it, I finally got around to it. ;)

Glad to hear that things are winding down for you for a spell. Relax.

Kate said...

Girl, I am glad that you are feeling better!

I am also in the process of getting started on Pillars. I had to finish a pile of others first. =0)

Di said...

Bill, glad I could be of help!! lol

Kt-I hope you enjoy Pillars. I did, I pretty much devoured it in 4 days. Let me know what you think. I too saved it for last after a stack of books from Christmas.

Oly said...

Monica just needs some pop rocks or an altoid or something.

Ahh yes, the good wife guide... I think I'll leave that one alone.

Glad to see your back.

Bigun said...

Modern Housewife Guide:

* Beer...
* Thong...
* Repeat.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Regarding the Good Wife's Guide:

#1 - Surely that was made up and never was a real article. Surely.

#2 - If somehow it was a real article, it was most definitely written by a man.

Good talking to you today, Di!! Miss you!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Thats some funny stuff Di. Good to see you blog and nice to hear your voice in the podcast.

jahowie said...

I'm glad that you're back!! We've missed you!! I'm sorry that you were so sick. Love that button by the way. LOL!!

Fe-lady said...

Glad you are back! I for one missed you! Great ads! I have some greeting cards that are similar!

Supalinds said...

Those ads are great!

Glad you are feeling better. Ugghhh being sick is so not fun.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Bigun's add-ons are hilarious. AS. IF!!!!
I recommend Pillars. I am on page 51 and there is so much action! A hanging, a little girl getting clubbed in the head so an outlaw could steal her pig, I've just learned that the family is starving by Christmas because that pig got stolen... and the patriarch of this family is a mason who can't find work... I hope they all make it through this winter!!!!
OK, no more spoilers....
Jenny

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

I used to wear a black beret ALL the time when we lived in VA. One of the guys at work told me that all I needed was a pair of knee pads and I could be Monica Lewinsky for Halloween. I'll never forget how funny that was.

Tea said...

The only thing missing is something like: "The Urban Legend: PMS"

Unknown said...

I actually kind of like the lace up converse pants - their kinda quirky.
It might take some foresight and planning for successfully getting to the bathroom though..... so many laces.

bigmike600 said...

That Monica Lewinsky thing had me in tears.

Hope things have been going well. Any T shirt orders in the works for us sherpas. Keep me posted.
Now that winter is almost over I will be reading everyones blogs more. Hope you guys have been well.

IronTriTim said...

Love the adverts, just a shame all the PC brigade stop them.

Tri-Dummy said...

I especially love the wife guide.

I also like the wife spank ad...alot.

Cindy Jo said...

Catching up on your blog - I can't believe I almost missed this!!! HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting these :)

Hope you're back to your healthy self by now!

greyhound said...

Damn, I thought I was getting a good wife.