Saturday, March 22, 2008

What I Did Last Weekend

Last Saturday Bigun and I did a little grocery shopping. You know, stock up on a few staples and pick up a few perishables. Grocery shopping is never an activity that I look forward to doing. I don't hate it, it's one of those automaton type chores for me. In addition, it is inevitable that I forget to pick up the one thing I most wanted. Here's a few of the items we picked up... fresh fruit,



some light refreshment ( I LOVE this stuff)
















Bigun needed some Gatorade and also chose some lovely cashews. Cashews don't last long in our home. Costco has a big tub they sell. It lasts about 3 or 4 days.









I walked away from the cart, being minded by Bigun, to grab a few items. When I return I went to place said items into the basket I noticed a couple of new additions to the cart...













But wait...Twizzlers weren't alone. They were accompanied by these -
I was only gone for about 40 seconds. Not even a full minute. All of that Tri-training has atleast paid off for the Bigun in the grocery aisle. He can speed his way through the donut and twizzler section faster than I can turn and grab a gallon of milk!




Bigun had an earache so I told him to rest while I put away groceries. I caught him on camera "resting".














Grocery Shopping is what I did on Saturday. I know, my last post made my weekend seem much more ...involved. Sad to say, most of you will be disappointed. (feel free to click on the pics for a better view) Last Sunday I hung out in my neighbor's (Orlando) backyard. Here's who I met...
I met a Mime at the pool.












A diver named Seymour






























A couple of shady characters, I didn't get their names. Probably kin to the ones ExcelMan will be meeting in June during the Escape From Alcatraz Tri.








A surfer chick. She was pretty cool.










A few Acrobats









They were far too busy for me to catch their names.










But, you know how there is always that one, really big, guy who splashes around and jumps around in the pool? You know the one, always manages to soak everyone sitting poolside. He was there too.






I did get his name. He was actually a really likable fellow. His name was Shamu. Great guy.
There you have it. Now you know what I did last weekend. I hung out in the neighbors yard and met quite a few interesting characters. Any time you head this way, let me know. I'll introduce you. I'll fill you in later on what I did Wednesday. Wednesday I stayed home and played in my own backyard. It's pretty WILD.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

That mkes me want to go to the zoo.... (we Nothern folk don't get cool stuff like Sea World *sigh*)

Bolder said...

uh huh.

well, he DID have an ear ache.

Unknown said...

I love Sea World!

(Funny how things end up in the grocery cart, isn't it??)

Bill said...

Red licorice is the work of the devil.

But a good box of donut holes will definitely negate any evil-ness.

Tri-Dummy said...

Mama says them little donuts is the Devil, too.

Tell Mr. Bigun quit eatin them thangs. He gotsta go 140.6 miles real soon now.

Mark said...

I bet you gotta watch that guy like a hawk ;)

21stCenturyMom said...

mmmmmmmm donuts, sharks, twizzlers and whales. Which of these things is not like the others? Which of these thing doesn't belong?

That would be the sleek, fast shark. Just sayin'! And yeah - he had an earache *snort*

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I was at Sea World about a month ago. Free admission for military folks. Combined with the free beer, I have to say I love the Anhauser Busch People. LOL

Kate said...

Ha, funny. We play a game where Mr KT sneaks things into the cart that we would NEVER buy (like pickled cod in a jar, or lard in a can) and sees how long until I notice. We have never gone home we any of them, yet. =0)

Andra Sue said...

Awwww...I love sea creatures. Looks like fun! Well, not the grocery shopping, but you know what I mean. :)

Carrie said...

Busted Bigun.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Seaing is believing!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Hey, and I know what you did last summer! LOL

Fe-lady said...

Donut holes for all the world to see...(Good thing you have the IM hungries or I would think you have been smokin' somethin'!)

A MIME in your neighbor's yard?

Creepy!

But the SeaWorld thing is fun...I worked at one (in Ohio yet!) for four years to help pay for college!
Great memories! Even for Ohio!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I wasn't sure why I was looking at pictures of groceries at first...but then I saw the donut holes. And I understood.

I