Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Peace

Things always seem to be crazy don't they? Does anyone ever really have any down times these days? We wish for it and we say we want it but our actions always seem to tell a different story. You know what I mean. You are enjoying a wonderful quiet evening at home. You haven't had one in months. It is a luxury that seems too precious to let pass. Then, the phone rings. You tell yourself not to answer it. To just sit where you are in your solace and relax without any of the outside world interrupting. Instead, you look at the caller ID. Crap. You know that if it weren't important, this person wouldn't be calling to begin with....what do you do?

10 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'm a big fan of screening calls and letting them leave a message for me to deal with when I want to :-)

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I'm totally going to start calling you around dinner time to ask you stuff like, "plain pretzels or butter flavor pretzels? -- Let's discuss"

te-he-he
xoxoxox
Jenny

Unknown said...

I don't have caller ID. Like Danielle, I sometimes call screen.

But in your case I would ask myself is important likely to mean requires immediate attention/action on my part or is it likely something that can be put off for a while?

SWTrigal said...

I say don't answer..if they leave and urgent message, call 'em back. You deserve your luxury evening..

Fe-lady said...

Answer the phone......friends are important.

IronTriTim said...

Peace, and my own time.. remind me what that is. :-) Better yet remind me what a good night sleep feels like!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

March of Dimes...naw (please, I give at the office!), TruGreen (lawn service)...naw, one of my friends? I'm always there...

TRI Vortex said...

Every now and then I like to remind people that instant gratification is not the answer. So I let the phone ring. Let the answering machine pick up.

Holly Jane said...

If it's pretty important they'll leave a msg :-) I'm such an intravert!

:) said...

I say it's time you posted to this blog!!! :)