Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Life After Death: Thirteen Days

Day 66: 01/10/2017

     Little by little it feels as though Marc is being peeled away from every aspect of my life. He is disappearing and I am helpless to stop it. Even though I know he is gone, somewhere in the deepest parts of my soul I keep hoping that I am going to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

     Last week I received a letter from the bank and it was addressed to "The Family of Marc Taylor". The bank wanted me to contact them so that they could remove Marc from our bank accounts, our mutual fund, insurance, etc. the letter was to inform me that I had thirteen days to call them... I called the bank yesterday and two hours later Marc had been wiped clean from all of our accounts. He has been erased and it is as if he was never there. Yes, I knew this day was coming but I thought it would be on my time; I thought I could push that day back and the day would arrive when I was ready for it to arrive.

    The day I have been dodging arrived and it mowed me down like a freight train would mow down a stalled car sitting dead on the tracks. I was not ready. The reality of never seeing his name next to mine on our accounts, never again seeing his name next to mine on the address label of letters, never again seeing his car parked in the garage, never again being Marc and Diana is the train barreling down the tracks and I am the stalled car.  

   



     

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Diana...this is so terribly sad. I wish I knew what to say. <3

Unknown said...

:( Didn't know there was a timeline on changing the banking information. Sorry Di, hugs and love my friend.