Thursday, September 11, 2008

Particpate or Observe?

Which are you? Do you participate in life or do you tend to observe life? I have always considered myself the type who participates. I don't do well sitting on the sidelines and observing. Lately though, I am not so sure I can say I am participating. In anything. I am not having a pity party or sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Not at all. I just don't have the push or the drive to do anything that involves having to interact.

Most of you know, there have been a lot of changes here at The House of Bigun. My company has closed. I have found a job with another Design Firm. It's a good company with a good reputation and it's weathering the economic slump. I work with great people and the owner is a jewel. Truly. So, what's my problem?

Bigun is pushing to get his Installation Co. up and running. He is so far past wanting to do lawn care now. Who can blame him? Not me.

I have been hanging out in facebook a lot lately. Playing a game, Space Raiders. Actually, it's more than just a game. It's a habit forming addiction. I can't help it. Me. The non - video/computer game player. It's not even as though it has any virtual reality to it. When Bigun first "recruited" me, I thought it was utterly stupid. So stupid in fact I was slightly insulted that he thought I would be even remotely interested in it. Humpff! I guess the joke is on me. I can't pull myself away from it. Well, it is waning a little. The developers of SR have now come out with a bolder, fresher game called Clan Wars. It's cool. Just not the same.

So, I am making my way back to being a participator, I am. I don't make a very good observer. Where's my kayak......?

BTW -Which are you?
I saw this on a friend's blog - OMG!!!! LOVE her!!

10 comments:

Spokane Al said...

Well, I like to think that I am a participant. Except in Facebook. I tried it and just did not get it. Not being a game player or one who enjoys one line communications, I packed up my stuff and went home. I am back to participating by heading out the front door. That suits me better.

I am glad to hear that you have found your mojo.

Oly said...

Glad to see your back baby!

bigun is a facebook bully! Dude has hounded me and hounded me to get on there... sheesh... I couldn't take it anymore. so I signed up just to get him off my back. Dude is heavy!

Jenny Davidson said...

Di, it is super-nice to hear from you! Hmmmm, I am thinking you might do a kayak RACE.... I have the observer temperament very strongly myself in certain respects, but really if I am doing something at all I guess I am going to be thoroughly participating...

Unknown said...

In fact we have a kayak variant of a tri up here Labour Day weekend ...

But to your question -- I am both. Sometimes I do have to pull back and figure things out. (But like Al, not so much with the Facebook thing.)

21stCenturyMom said...

I'm a Space Raiders flunky but an all-in participant.

Pink Kayak = love. You must get one!

Comm's said...

Hey long time no talk. Oh...yeah. Well I will be honest I don't care if you and I have to use dixie cups and 3,000 miles of kite string, were still gonna communicate.

Participatin's extra ;)

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

The kayak is SWEET! I'm glad you're back. I'm also glad to be part of your crew in Space Raiders. You have been taking very good care of me! And I can't wait for the participation to begin again! :)

Fe-lady said...

I vacillate between watching (it's a good learning tool) and being in the mix...
I guess I watch first and participate second, when I feel I have enough knowledge about whatever the subject matter is/was.

Wasn't that kayak on A.D.D. 's site? It looks familiar!

I am glad I didn't start Space Raiders...I am STILL so addicted to Word Twist! :)

Will bookmark your new site!

Michele said...

The only reason I am not on Space Raiders right now is because am out of moves. Killing time til I build some up.
Thanks for getting me hooked. :)

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Hi Di!
I havent' tried Space Raiders yet - I hardly know what Facebook is all about, but I'm on it!
xoxo
Jenny