Friday, July 11, 2008

Here We Are

I know, it's almost a month since my last post. A full month since we left for Ironman CdA. So much happened. Most of you know because you were there. Maybe that is why I have had such a hard time putting this post together.
I am thinking most of you are familiar with the term F*^#!d up. Yep, that's me. Totally.I have been out with the girls tonight and just getting home. Yep. Gotta say, I had a GREAT time!!! Really. Fun. Can't type, but I still had a freakin' blast. We went to a country bar. They all line dance. Okay, not so fun because i didn't really know all of the dances. The ones I did though, totally rocked. Can you say country rocked? Just asking.
I am now a member of Facebook. Are you? Bigun blackmailed me into it. He did. He said that if i didn't set up my own page he was going to do it for me. Didn't fly. he sucks. So, now i am a facebook member. Honestly, I don't really like it. I like the word games. i do. But, the rest of it, just not me. It's so... i don't know the words, but just SO. In your face. IE: facebook. I guess.
IMCdA was awesome. I know, awesome is an overly used word but honestly, I can not think of a better adjective.
A majority of our creepy Internet friends seemed to find their way to one central location. How weird is that?!?!? It is weird in the most Supercalifragilisticexpialidociousway!!! LOVED IT!!!!
People who I didn't think really "got me" got me. Live and in person, well, I am a little different. Not much, but a little. Gratefully, like I said, everyone was supercalifragilistic. I noticed the subtle differences between the bloggy peeps and the real life peep but it was so subtle, you "got it". Really, you did. I discovered that the people who I have grown to know and love through the Land Of Blog, I know and love in real life. I couldn't help it and I couldn't hug anyone tight enough. I am still finding myself wanting to squeeze everyone till they pop. I can't help it. Call me a weirdo. I had a small glimpse of this last year when we went to Chicago and we got to meet J-Wimm and Big Mike. I truly thought it was an isolated thing. I did not believe it could happen again, times 40. But. It.Did. And now, here i am trying to find the words and they simply do not exist in this continuum. They don't. I wanted to post a ton of pictures, and I will. The ones that really captured not only the athletes but my heart and my soul. The heart and soul that made Ironman CdA all that it truly was.
I'll do it soon, just give me a few days.
I love you guys.
XOXOXO
Di

15 comments:

Cindy Jo said...

Good to hear from you Di! I was just thinking about you yesterday and almost sent you an email to check in. Hope all your work stress is settling and Bigun is showing the proper appreciation to you for all your help as his Iron Sherpa!!!

IronTriTim said...

Certainly strange to meet other bloggers in real life. I know when I met you and bigun in Chicago, it was like I know these people so well, but I've never met them.. weird! Its nice to see both sides of people (blogging persona and real life).

Taconite Boy said...

I'd take a Sherpa Di hug right about now- I miss you. Have a great weekend and let us know how Carolina is treating you.

Unknown said...

We love you too drunken Di. :-)

Spokane Al said...

I was hoping that you had not disappeared from the blog world and am glad to see that you are back among us. We have missed you. You are a one of a kind lady that definitely made things even brighter at IM CDA.

momo said...

we love you too!!!! and i've missed you! come back to us. :-)

mwa!

21stCenturyMom said...

I love it that you wanted to squeeze everyone until they pop! How adorable - just like you. We somehow didn't see a whole lot of each other (I saw a whole lot of people but for a little bit of time) but what I saw I loved.

xxoo to you, too!

Comm's said...

talked to MDot Bigun the other day. He caught me up on the goings on. Take care, thanks for your words.

Iron Eric said...

It was great meeting all the TeamTri Bloggers! Yes, I agree. A little weird at first, but Nicole and I had a wonderful time. It was so great to have some peeps to hang out with. Share the experience with. Share the love with.

Fe-lady said...

You are contagious! There is ONE picture that someone took of you as Marc went by on his bike. I can't remember who posted it, but you were absolutely BEAMING. It is the BEST PICTURE EVER!
Totally captured you and what you were feeling.
(I bet it was Nytro that took it with Bold's camera...hope you saw it!)

We shall meet again! (Hopefully!)

TRI-ROB said...

uhhh... I'm with Tac... I'm in a severe Di hug deficit. All I know is that I can't WAIT to get me one when I come down to FL in November!

Breathe..

Tea said...

The only regret that I have is that we didn't get to talk much. After all those months....maybe later this year. :)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Everybody needs to get effed up every now and then! Are there country bars in Tampa?????

brendaj said...

I met you at the finish line with Jenny. Glad you had such a fun time. We did too!

Fe-lady said...

Hey Di-
Hope you and your honey are keeping dry and that your house is still on the ground!
Thinking of you both!
(sending sunshine!)
xo Cheryl