Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Moya

As I sit here in the quiet of the day, The Moya is laying on the sofa next to me. She is curled as tight as she can get to stay on the blanket. She knows she isn't supposed to lay on the sofa so she squeezes herself up onto the tiny square of blanket that my legs are under. Moya is twitching as if she is closing in a group of wandering sheep or redirecting a calf that wants to stray from the herd....she is yipping and barking in her dreams. I can hear her muffled voice calling out to whatever it is she is corralling in her
fields of wild grass and flowers.............


.......I wish I could join her there. In her dreams. I wish I could see her face smiling and hear the laughter in her bark as she runs, untethered and free to do what she loves most, keeping 'it' together. In her dream, I'm pretty certain she is herding some sort of animal back into a tidy little group. She does it at the dog park with the other dogs. She keeps them together. She keeps me together. The Moya brings so much joy into my life. 

2 comments:

Melissa Kay said...

As only they can. I know that joy. Xxoo

Di said...

yes, you do ... I can see it in your photographs. xoxo :)