Saturday, February 17, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Okay. I live in Florida. This whole "freezing" temperature thing is for all of you other people. It's 32 degrees here! The grass has frost all over it and the trees are quiet. The birds are chatting up a storm. I think they're all screeching "WTF? It's cold out here. I didn't move to Florida for this." Birds.

I took the girls out for their morning constitution and both of them looked at me like I had grown a second head sometime in the night. 'Biner was a blur. She ran out and next I knew she was huddled under her woobie in the kitchen. I never saw her fly past me to get back inside. Chournie. Chournie went out and quickly did her business. I think she held back. 20 seconds later inside she is scratching to go back out. repeat. She doesn't like wet or cold on her delicate toes.
Briscoe is in heaven out on the patio chasing the finches and Redwing Blackbirds all around. He can't get to them but he can see them flitting everywhere on the other side of the screen. They are really full of energy this morning. The Pelicans are on the lake in a feeding frenzy. The water is all a twitter with the sounds of it's inhabitants. I saw a fish fly 2 feet in the air while I was photographing a pair of Ibis at the shore. Wish I could have caught that on digital.

All of this pretty talk is very nice and well but let me get to the real issue at hand. Bigun. He has a half marathon in the morning and the temps aren't promising to be much warmer. The race starts at 6 am. My girlfriend Hope has a condo that sits facing Bayshore. Bayshore is where the athletes will be racing. Right on the water. Chilly. I am thinking that I'll be watching from the balcony rather than the street. I hope that Bigun can hear me cheering from 15 floors up. Under the electric blanket. Warm. Eating a bagel. Drinking HOT coffee. I can only pray that Hope will open her door that early in the morning. I'm calling her today to see if she's down with that plan. I'm bringing the lox and bagels...maybe that will pry her door open a little earlier.....cross your fingers for me.


You know, it just doesn't seem right to be looking out at the banana tree in your yard and see it surrounded by frost. It just ain't right. I know....kwitchurbitchin. Here's a shot of an Ibis cruising the shore this morning.

3 comments:

Bigun said...

gonna be cold tomorrow - lets just hope it doesn't rain!

Bigun said...

thanks for coming to my race today, baby...

Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista! IDMTFFT!!! WTF?!!? (love the acronyms)

Luckily, you don't have something else in mind when you say "I love big..." in reference to Bigun, because in this weather, it simply aint happenin'.