Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Want To Win... or do I?










Professor Henry Higgins (Pygmalion) said it best, "Thank Heaven for little girls". American Idol can thank their lucky stars for the female competitors this year. The first night of the top 24 show put me to sleep. Yawn....




The only guy I was awake long enough to hear "Bring it" was Beat Box Boy, Blake. He is reminiscent of Freddy Mercury/ Morrissey. He pulled off notes in places that no one else could have even dreamed let alone attempt. Enough.


Lets get back to "The Dream Girls"
I saw some panicked looking faces sitting in the Dawg Pound last night. Panicked they should be. Our first girl, Stephanie Edwards came out strong and wanting to win. She chose the right song "How Come You Don't Call Me". When she finished you were left thinking, "Yeah, how come you don't call her?" Fabulous. Bigun and I both were cheering for her. After the night before we were a little worried that she would be the best of the evening. Were we pleasantly surprised. There was more good to come. Unfortunately it didn't arrive again for a few songs. We had to suffer through a couple of pitiful renditions of some pretty good classics. Oh well. They tried, right?



Then a firecracker of a 17 year old voice entered stage left. Jordin Spark. Spark is right. She had it, she has it and she will bring it. I'm looking forward to seeing this young girl grow vocally and musically. She's wonderful.





Riddle me this.... What was her name? Can't remember her name let alone which song she butchered. Is it just me or does it look like she has to pee?





This poor girl looked more like she was trying out for "American Comic". Humm, new show? Oh wait, that's been done too hasn't it?





Keep your eyes on the girls who are doing it right. By doing it right I mean, Stephanie, Jordin, Melinda Doolittle ( LOVED her), Sabrina Sloan and PLEEEZE lets not forget THEE Mighty Powerhouse herself, Lakisha Jones. That chick Rocked the house!! I saw some scary looks on some of the other singers' faces.Panic was starting to rear it's ugly head. Wait, that wasn't panic, it was the ugly green monster. Can you say "catty"? Cat. Tee. Oh yes. And I'm not even talking about the girls yet. Boys were lookin' mighty askeert. I can only imagine what was going through some of their minds. As for the girls, I'll bet ole' Antonella is praying to All of The Powers That Be, her pretty face will get her to the next show. 'Cause she sure didn't have anything else to bank.
Well, gotta go, "The votes are in...."

No comments: