Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Alcatraz Summarized

I'm not really sure where to start. I tried to keep everyone updated while we were in San Francisco. Bigun is telling his story. He's telling it the right way. I was an observer - a witness...
How about visuals... I always enjoy this part. I'll leave the actual reporting up to Bigun.
Schwag inspection. No one can resist, look at all of the curious athletes looking into their bags while they wait in line for their chips.







I tried to watch the athletes jump from the ferry at Alcatraz. It was too far away to be able to see who who. The door on the bottom left of the ferry, you can barely see an "orange" head. I believe it may be Bigun. He was one of the last off the boat








Bigun coming into T1 from the swim











Bigun is second back. This was the last curve before T2















Zooming past me onto T2











I got a Thumbs Up as he entered the chute for the finish line.













Sarah Reinertson is talking while on stage with fellow Challenged Athlete Foundation Members. Please notice - 2nd girl from the right is Melissa Stockwell (she swam), the tall man next to her is Andy Hatcher (he ran) and the man in the long black sweats with a Tank on is Rich Ingram (he biked)- all three ran this as a relay team. Team Operation Rebound.They are all three Iraq war veterans who have survived attacks from insurgents.

I forgot about this shot.....
You can see the tops of heads and kayaks as the swimmers make their way to shore here...





Here are a few other Bay Swimmers...












































Nelson Skateboarding - to everyone's delight...











Yes. Nelson is the Bull Dawg













This shot completes my post. You have now born witness to Di's version of the Flora and Fauna of The Great Escape.
Thanks for stopping in.









15 comments:

Bigun said...

Nelson's great eskate...ok, that was lame, but I'm still pretty sick...

S. Baboo said...

Great pics. It looks like it was a good time, except for the illness that is. I may be heading to San Fran this summer though only for a professional conference...bleah!

Unknown said...

Great shots Di.

I hate to give Bigun short shrift because he was lookin' good, but I so heart Nelson!!!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Great pictures Di, and yes Nelson rocks.

Spokane Al said...

The picture of the challenged athletes including the Iraq War veterans brought a lump to my throat.

Thanks for including it.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Cat got your tongue? LOL. Great pictures especially the one of Sarah and crew. The ones of Mr B are great, too, but I'll just wait until I get to his blog to fawn all over him! ;)

Duane said...

Great photos! Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

Awesome shots - you are quite a photojournalist!

bigmike600 said...

Wow. Your camera takes great pictures. Probably has a lot to do with the operator as my camera does not seem to be able to take that nice of pictures. Nice job.

The Stretch Doc said...

Such a great recap from both of yas. Love the pics and hey you even got on of a TNT gal with da Bigun!
As I told him, cant wait till you all come to houston!

rockon`

Wrenched Photography said...

Hmm bull dawgs on wheels, meep! That bike shot of bigun is probably the best picture of him and should be an RA advertisement.

Wrenched Photography said...

Hmm bull dawgs on wheels, meep! That bike shot of bigun is probably the best picture of him and should be an RA advertisement.

Bigun said...

Mrs Big is the best! She gets my vote for TriSherpa of the Year award!

momo said...

great pictures, di! a race report from the spectator's perspective, its awesome.

did you know we have a bully? he can't skateboard, but he does play catch pretty well!

Tony said...

That race is on my wish list. You took some great photos, and your husband had a great race. Congrats to both of you.