Friday, June 29, 2007

Are You Ready for Some Ironman '08 !?!?

This post is in compliment to Bigun's post


( Cat Stevens ) remake by 10,000 Maniacs


Now I've been happy lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh I've been smiling lately, dreaming about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come
Cos out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again
Now I've been smiling lately, thinking about the good things to come
And I believe it could be, something good has begun
Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now peace train
Yes, peace train holy roller
Everyone jump on the peace train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now peace train


Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too
Cos it's getting nearer, it soon will be with you
Now come and join the living, it's not so far from you
And it's getting nearer, soon it will all be true
Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now peace train, peace train
Now I've been crying lately, thinking about the world as it is
Why must we go on hating, why can't we live in bliss
Cos out on the edge of darkness, there rides a peace train
Oh peace train take this country, come take me home again

Oh peace train sounding louder
Glide on the peace train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now the peace train
Yes peace train holy roller
Everyone jump on the peace train
oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on, come on, come on
Yes come on peace train
Yes it's the peace train
Oh ah ee ah oh ah
Come on now peace train
Oh peace train
How Exciting!!!!!!!!!
Dreaming about the world as one (our little corner of the world anyway)
We are going to have so much fun in Couer d'Alene '08. Can't wait to get together with everyone. For updates and an "A" list of who's attending click on over to Bigun's blog. He's keeping an eye on all who sign up. We'll have a few of our Blogger Ironfolk there for both sherpa duties and moral support. I'll be packing the cowbells and pom poms to cheer everyone along the route. I am sure I can get a little help on the cowbell/ cheering action from Stronger , Bolder,
Mrs. TriGreyhound, Mrs.Blink & The Blinkettes!, Big J, Nytro, Iron Benny, Big Mike, J Wim and Duane. Geek Girl won't be joining us on the sidelines....she has decided to race! We'll be having a great time. I wonder who else will be joining us....?
p.s. I tried to download a video of 10,000 maniacs singing Peace Train and I found several videos of Cat Stevens performing the song as well. Let me rephrase that, one of Cat singing and several of Yusef Islam singing it. The London performance was beautiful. Hope you enjoy!

6 comments:

Wrenched Photography said...

Man, now I have to get another annoying song stuck in Biguns head

S. Baboo said...

OMG! This is going to be a regular who's who of the Tri blogging community both on the course and in the grand stands. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

You guys are going to have so much fun!

The Stretch Doc said...

totally awesome!! ahhaa you chkn on me huh Di.. Thanks!!

your right...I couldnt let you all have the fun without me.. I was like a lil kid feeling left out of the game!

thanks so much.. it will be a fun year and meeting you all in Nov will be totally Awesome!

Hope your feeling better.

rockon`

Fe-lady said...

I heard the remake the other day...I mean WHY even bother? Why even TRY? The original is SO WAY beyond great and what any current group can do...why do they think they can make it "better"? They can't!
Wouldn't it be cool if you could pick the song that you what to hear as you are crossing the finish line?
Maybe I will post that.....thanks for the idea!

Oly said...

Don't forget the Blinkettes. :)