Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No- I haven't been at WalMart - they kicked me out...

Sorry Everyone,
I know I have been away from The Land of Blog for a while now. Life has been busy here though. Although it was tempting, I have NOT been at WalMart these past weeks. They quit trying to clean my windshield after the first attempt and found I was penniless....
I have been super busy at work and with other things. With our trip to Chicago coming up I have been trying to get as much done for work as I could before leaving.
In the mean time, let me show you a few of the things I have been busy with...

Boo came over for a visit...tickling Kitty was at the top of her list of things to do at our house...Brisco loved chasing her around.









My niece Alex and Mom Lisa were here from NC for a quick visit.....
















There was a going away party for our friend Becky (2nd from the left) She has moved to Dallas.









Green Eyed Lady and I shared a date with this guy. Man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh! sorry, Oh man. Chris Isaak Hubba Hubba. If any of you haven't seen him in concert - I highly recommend it. This isn't a show just for women either. Isaak gave the best Concert I have been to, after The Tubes. (yes, I said it, The Tubes).
Go see Chris Isaak in concert if you ever get the chance. EDIT: I must clarify here, Isaak is second only to The Tubes. Tubes still hold #1 spot, then Isaak, then McCartney, then Bowie. Yupper. That's it. (the links will take you to 2 different sites for The Tubes) here's a pic. or two....




I have patiently been waiting for this......
(click on the pictures and they'll enlarge)

















To become this.


































In between all of this I have also managed to remake and hang drapes for a client, close a nice sized sale on a large project that consumes all of my days and nights, open 2 new large projects, shoot engagement photos for a young couple, get in one 15 mile ride ( I know - shabby) read the new Harry Potter book, devoured Son of a Witch and started 2 other books. It's my only defense against the Insomnia. We leave for Chicago Thursday morning. Tomorrow I'll try to get what I can finished at work. Cross your fingers. Hopefully, I'll come back more relaxed. lol
Right now, I have to go polish my cowbells. I don't want Big Mike and J-Wim to have a bad first impression. ;)
p.s. - I sure have missed you guys.

10 comments:

Bigun said...

Polish your cowbells...um...is that code?

Unknown said...

You ladies look HAWT!
Don't wanna get shown up, so now I must go polish MY cowbells....... (no I don't think thats a secret code....) :-)

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the LOB!

As always, thanks for sharing your wonderful photos, Di.

Spokane Al said...

Welcome back! Glad to once again be reading your stuff.

P.S. Better than the Tubes? That is bordering on sacrilege.

Spokane Al said...

P.S. I am still in shock over your Chris Isaak vs. the Tubes comment. I just cannot imagine an Isaak song that could possibly compare to a live version of White Punks on Dope.

The Stretch Doc said...

glad your back..

I was thinking the polish your cowbells was code as well..hummm..
great mind think alike, Bigun..

rockon`

Fe-lady said...

What is that plant? I have never seen anything like it!
Making drapes and polishing cowbells and thinking of Chris Issak? Do they go together? (I guess!)
Wondered where you had been! (Busy lady!)

Di said...

Polish my cowbells is code for, make the cowbells shine up all pretty like

Al is right, The Tubes are still #1 in my book too, I edited my phrasing. I didn't do a good job of stating what I meant.

Wendy, it's nice to be back ;) Thank you!!

Can't wait to meet Big Mike and J-Wim this weekend!! and thanks for the Hawt comment!! lol

FeLady commented on the flower in my pics ...it is commonly known as Carrion Flower or Starfish Cactus but accurately known as Stapelia Gigantea. The scent would explain why they are called Carrion Flower. You need to grow this outside , wait let me rephrase, when it blooms you'll want it outside. Otherwise, it does well in the house if it can have a couple of hours of sunlight. Mine all live on the back patio year round. If anyone would like a clipping, let me know.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

This is hilarious - I clicked on Chris to make him "bigger" and it took me to my blog. Perfect.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Di, the picture with the 7 "HOT" ladies. The one all the way on the left is she from Jersey? Is her name "Ginny"? Looks like my buddies Aunt that I know lives in Florida.