Monday, August 6, 2007

What?!?! It's All About Me?!? Again?!?!?

A little bit about ME
Well, this is kinda cool. Rather than try to gather my 8000 different thoughts into a potentially book sized post, I get to just fill in the blanks to answer some questions. Pretty easy and fun I think.
Tagged by Tri-DogMom
Jobs I’ve Held
when I was 14 - I bagged groceries at the commissary on the small housing area I lived in Germany
Came back stateside and worked at Burger King - yep, fast food. I never ate at a Burger King until I was 16 years old...
One Hour Foto, Photo Center, Lester's Photography, Photo Center -again, Lawson and Weitzen Attys at Law, Photo Center ( a different one), Photo Journalist with Columbus Ledger Enquirer (GA), The Design Firm, Norwalk The Furniture Idea, now I own my own Design Studio

Movies I Can Watch Over & Over
Dave,
An American President,
Outlaw Josey Wales,
Army of Darkness,
Excalibur and the one that goes without saying... A Christmas Story.

My Guilty Pleasures
Double Stuff Oreo Cookies
Raspberry Milano cookies
shoes
Pedicures and facials
Sushi
Guinness
shoes
cool t-shirts
unusual jewelry
hot bath
shoes


Places I Have Lived (in order)
Arlington, VA
Asmara, Ethiopia
Fort Ord, California
Rome, NY
Romulus, NY
Pruem, Germany
Fayetteville, NC
Clarksville, TN
Acton/Boston, MA
Columbus, GA
Atlanta, GA
Houston, TX
Brandon, FL

Shows I Enjoy
Desperate Housewives
American Idol
How I met your mother
Lost
Wheel of Fortune
Gray's Anatomy
House
Cold Case ( the actual true story one on Discover channel)
CSI - Vegas

Places I Have Been on Vacation
All over Europe
Albuquerque,NM
San Francisco,CA
Valley City, OH
surely there are more...

Favorite Foods
Raspberries
Sushi
White Chocolate Raspberry anything
Anything Peanut Butter and chocolate
Salsa
Fish
Ramen ( I know)
Tomatoes


Websites I Visit Daily
Lots of blogs (see sidebar)

Awards I’ve Won
Gosh lots of pseudo nerdy stuff when I was a kid.
In High School "Most Likely to Expose" lol, swear...I always wore a mini skirt to school, because it was against the rules. I got away with it because I refused to be told what I could or couldn't wear (always in good taste). So, I was awarded appropriately upon graduation.
As an adult, here and there stuff with different jobs
Platinum Designer Nationwide for Norwalk -

Nicknames I’ve Been Called
Skinny ( I used to be)
Di

Now, I guess I get to see who really reads my blog by tagging 5 more people: I have chosen 5 people who inspire me...
Geek Girl - well, because I love her! She's a great writer! and she pushes through to the finish every time.
J-Wim & Mike - they both have overcome enormous obstacles to change their lives
Duane - because he could easily say "enough" and he never does
Aimee - because she is a newly christened TriAthlete as of Saturday, August 4th!!! the mother of 3 kids (unless you count TriDummy- then it's 4) who keeps busy with a gazillion things and keeps going.

9 comments:

bigmike600 said...

Thanks DI
Hope you got some info from me you didn't know. I found out stuff about you that is cool. Thanks again for the props.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Ok, since I'm not one of the people who inpsire you, I'm not going to post a comment - SO THERE! :)

Unknown said...

thanks Di that was fun!

Tea said...

I didn't know you were a ds oreo person too.

"Most likely to Expose?" does that have anything to do with Bigun's Sexy Dance?

Tony said...

That would be exciting to live in all of those places. You sure have been able to experience many different cultures and ways of life. It must allow you to look at things from a different perspective then most people.

Thanks for the post. Keep up the great work.

Fe-lady said...

Did you know that Godiva now makes a bar (dark) with raspberry filling centers? Ohhhhh.....!
Cracks me up that you put down Ohio as a vacation spot...and it wasn't even Cleveland!
Seems as if I know you all too well! (We HAVE to hang out after CDA...I will even get a pedicure before I meet you..I have never had one, but my daughter got me a gift card to a spa up the street for Mother's Day...Hey, it's August! Gotta get moving on this!)

Bigun said...

The sexy dance never works - Di just looks at me and rolls her eyes. Unless...Di forgot to mention a guilty pleasure - "fu-fu" martini's - her latest kick is pineapple...nothing like a little martini to make the bigun's sexy dance a little sexier....

aimee said...

Thanks Di! I noticed that you may have a thing for shoes ;)

And Bigun, alcohol will make just about anything a little sexier!! LOL

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

I love peanut butter and chocolate together... I say we spectate CDA from lawnchairs and gorge ourselves... ;-)
Jenny