Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Find Your Way Back

I finally connected via telephone with an old high school friend. No, she's not old...well, we are a lot older than we were. 25 years older. She has tickets to the Bucaneers vs Miami preseason game tomorrow here in Tampa. It's all inclusive, club seats, parking and....wait for it....oh yeah, you know it baby. A TAILGATE PARTY!!!!  LOL

I am very excited about seeing Felicia again. Yeah, and about getting a good buzz on too. LOL It's a win win in my book. Glad Marc is driving...lol. Face Book aka Crack Book is how we found out we both live 650 miles away from where we went to school. Yes, she lives in the same town I currently live in and has been here as long as we have less than 5 miles away and we didn't even know it. Ka. Ray. Zee!! It turns out, there are a few of who live here in this town. I have never run into any of them. To my knowledge any way. Maybe we have and I didn't recognise them? It's possible.

Felicia and I were talking about how on FB we see an old HS friend and we want to add them, then it hits you. Dang, wonder if they like me? What if I was mean to them in HS? What if I tried to hook up with a boy friend and didn't know they were dating another girl? What if I broke that guys heart because I was a16/17 year old who was  reckless with his feelings? What if I got someone busted for a party they were having because I told my parents the truth about where I was going and what I would be doing, not knowing the other parents had no clue a party was happening? Yes, I did that. Talk about humiliating. All those things go through your head. My head any way. Maybe I over think things?

Face Book has put a lot of us back in touch with each other. A few I have added as friends and haven't actually spoken to because I'm not sure they even remember me but accepted my request out of...I don't know, because I am a mutual friend with 32 other of their friends? LOL  yes, I over think things. I know. I dig FB though. I do.

When I was talking to Felicia today she said something out loud that I have thought but hadn't voiced. She said," I like it better than having to pick up the phone and talk most of the time." I am paraphrasing of course but her point was life is so hectic and on her side of the screen there is noise, confusion, dinner timers beeping, children yelling, dogs barking...etc etc. But inside of here, it's peaceful and quiet and she can talk. I get that. I really do. I am so excited about seeing her tomorrow. She is a part of my history and maybe now, we'll be a part of each others future too. It's really Kewl.

I probably have a lot more to talk about but I'll save it for later. Thanks for popping in and taking to time to read my mental gibberish.
xoxo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes, Di, we are in such similar situations! (Check out my current FB status line!)

melissa cook miller said...

I'm so excited for you both!!!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!!!!

love
hugs
kisses
and one quick
ass grab!

Di said...

hahahaha every time I read or hear "ass grab" I think of Night at the Roxbury!! LOL

Comm's said...

hello hello