Saturday, August 22, 2009

Play Me


This morning I walked out on the patio as the sun was rising.











I could smell the fresh brewed coffee coming from inside. The rabbits were out on the lawn, the ducks were furiously pecking the grass for food and the Ibis' were nodding through the grass seeking out the most delicious morsels they could find. Even the girls and Brisco were awake for this early morning delight. The sunrise was nothing short of glorious. I am not exaggerating, even slightly. In my head I could hear the Beatles singing "Here Comes The Sun". Glorious. Glorious. I stood there feeling the coolness of the morning air flutter across my skin. I closed my eyes to face the sun. With my eyes closed I was envisioning what a beautiful day was in store. Can you close your eyes and imagine it?

I came back inside and there was a fresh cup of coffee waiting for me. The day was getting better moment by moment. Turned on my playlist and Michael Buble was singing to me. Made me need to hear Nina Simone's version. She was crying out to me "Play Me".... Paused my playlist to hear Nina. I don't know where all of these emotions are coming from but they are making me feel like I am bursting from the inside out. Nina Simone's version of "Feeling Good" It's so beautiful. It's so rich and thick with emotion. It moves my very soul.

After a few plays of Nina I hit play again on my playlist.... it's uncanny how music effects so many of us. My playlist sounded like a laundry list of memories waiting to trample what started out as a beautiful day. Then....Unwritten by Natasha Beddenfield came on (right after Dido) and I had to laugh.... the words. They struck home. I love this song. "....Live your life with arms wide open....Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten......."

The sun is gone and the storm is blowing with ferocity outside. I think I'll go outside now and feel the rain on my skin. What a glorious day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyday wonders ... but only for those open to them.

melissa cook miller said...

I loved this Diana - the picture looks amazing also! Just like you!!!!