Sunday, January 14, 2007

What To Do


I realize it has been a while since I have posted here. You see, I am trying to stick to the idea that this is about my journey with Marc and the whole Triathlon experience. So, writing about every day events and the minutia that we wade through on a daily basis is not what I want to write about. Yes, I wrote about the whole weight issue thing that comes with the Holidays. Well, I find that to be a direct correlation to the nature of my blog. So, it's acceptable.

My daily mind ramblings however are a whole other issue. Not fit for display here. I also write another blog that is related to my business. (if you're interested... http://cominghometoday.blogspot.com/ ). I believe I have mentioned it before. Today was the first opportunity I have had since January 2nd to post anything there. Okay, what's my point you ask? Well, that is my point. I have none.




Marc is currently gearing up to go full blast on his training again. It has been a quiet time here at the Bigun household because he hasn't had any triathlons and his training schedule has been on the low end. He went out for his Sunday morning ride this morning and was semi stood up by his riding buddy . The buddy showed up but at the end of the ride. Insomnia is the reason the buddy was late. He has a hard time sleeping and usually doesn't accomplish any shut eye until the wee hours of the morning. I am completely sympathetic to his plight. Many nights I sit up reading a book or cruising late nite TV with the remote. Insomnia is a Bitch. Atleast he arrived even if it was late in the ride. I don't know that I would have shown with only about 4 hours or so of sleep under my belt. Kudos to Insomnia Man.




Complaining about Bigun's training schedule has never really occurred to me. Supporting this part of his life is very important to me because it is so important to him. With that said, I want to complain. This morning I found myself wishing he weren't out riding and instead here at home with me. Nice and toasty warm under the covers. Alas, he wasn't under the covers he was out pedalling his big heart out on his big bike. The best part about Bigun's Sunday morning rides is when he arrives home. We sit out on the patio and enjoy the sunshine with our bagels and coffee. We chat up what is coming down the pike for the week, the month, whatever. We plan our day and discuss what is on the priority list for the house. You homeowners know what I am talking about. Owning a home is a never ending project. There is always something, usually many things waiting to be done. So Sundays are for Bigun's rides and our morning coffee with bagel and lox. I love Sundays.

No comments: