Friday, September 7, 2007

8 Random Things / Are You Karmically Aware? and Miss Lexie's Pineapple Casserole

8 Random Things about me - evidently Miss AndraSue tagged me. She tagged me when I was in the middle of our little Internet black hole. But I am back and so that my dear AndraSue knows I wasn't ignoring her, I am now picking up the tag.
1- Not a big "sweets" fan - but, when I decide I want something sweet I do it up right. For example, no regular Oreo will do - it MUST be double stuff.
2- I love kids - they keep it simple.
3- I am allergic to strange things, like Benadryl. Yes. The med everyone else takes to counter an allergic reaction, sends me into hives and asthma attack weird huh?
4- I really really really like candy dots (the kind that are stuck to the strip of paper). Can eat them all day and never get sick of them.
5- I love to wear hats- I have a closet full of them. I dream of the day I can go to the Kentucky Derby, it means i get to go all out on a new hat.
6- I like to float in the pool. I can float and sleep for endless hours on the pool
7- Dragonflies are my Talisman and have been since I was a little girl.
8- Martinis rock. So do Mojitos. So do Mango Margaritas. So do Lemon Drops. So do Bloody Marys...
While on the random note, here is something else I would like to share. Are you Karmically Aware?

I was going through my email and I noticed that Astrology.com had sent me an email informing me that "Pluto Turns Direct: Time for Renewal". So, I thought to myself, lets see what exactly it means to me now that Pluto has turned direct. I opened the email, because I am of the curious sort. Besides, anything having to do with me and what it means to me, well, I have to be on the KNOW. In addition, what needs to be renewed? After all, the subject line said it is Time.

There I am, waiting for the email to fully open and I begin to read... while reading I notice how many times Astrology.com has made it available for me to click on a word to redirect me to where they NEED me to be. Well, if they need me there, shouldn't I go? I went - after reading just what it really meant - to me- that Pluto has turned Direct. ?!?!?! huh? Still scratching my head on that one.
Keep in mind now folks, this must be a REALLY important thing for them to have sent me an email about it, don't you agree? After all, if they didn't inform me, who would? My mind begins to think this...if it's so important for me, isn't it important for everyone? Shouldn't everyone be told about this incredible event in the heavens? That brings us here. To this spot.

I have included the email they sent to me (all links in place) and the beautiful picture that goes along with it...suggesting that I will be "Light as air when I'm Karmically Aware" well, shouldn't we all be? Maybe I'll start floating like the girl in the picture. That would be grand. By the by - is "karmically" even a word?

Meanwhile, enjoy this little trip fantastic into the heavens, courtesy of Astrology.com





Dear Diana,
Pluto turned retrograde last March and finally goes direct this September 7. Throughout the retrograde period you've likely found yourself letting go of beliefs that don't optimally serve you; now, you have the chance to put your revised approach to life into practice, as the 'great renewer' ushers in a phase of great enlightenment! It's the perfect time to brush off negative past life influences with a
free sample Karma Reading. Your portrait is a customized glimpse at your inner traits and tendencies, and how to optimize them for a stronger, lovelier you. It's a metamorphosis you don't want to miss out on! Try your free sample first, then upgrade to the full-length version of your reading at 25% off!






P.S. Discover the meaning of your name and explore your numeric nature with a free sample numerology reading!
Pass it on! Forward this offer to a friend.
Your personal information is safe and secure on Astrology.com.







So, did you enjoy the little trip? Did you go? I must tell you all, they didn't just randomly send me this email, I am on their email list. I had a "free" Tarot reading once, ever since... I get the emails. They are fun to visit. Just don't take them seriously.



This is for Don (from Canada) and all of my other Bloggy friends who enjoy good food (Boomer) ;). Bigun's Mom served this with Ribs from the Barbie and Chicken as well. Umm Umm good!!


Miss Lexie’s Pineapple Casserole

1 20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits
½ cup sugar
3 tbs flour
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup butter (1 stick) ( I always use Smart Balance when I cook in lieu of butter)
½ cup crushed Ritz crackers


Preheat oven to 350
Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tbs of the juice.
Mix reserved juice with sugar and flour, then add pineapple and cheese and place in greased (pam works) casserole dish
Melt butter and stir into cracker drumbs. Sprinkle on top of mixture in casserole dish.
Bake for 20 – 30 minutes


This makes an 8 x 8 casserole dish. You can make it ahead of time and bake later.


Smart Balance® Light Buttery Spread:
Lactose Free.
No Hydrogenated Oil.
No Trans Fatty Acids.
Helps improve cholesterol ratio.
Sensational buttery taste.

10 comments:

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

OMG - a whole stick of butter???? Must be a Paula Deen recipe! ;) I have to do 3 laps at Flatwoods just thinking about such a dish!!

Di said...

I edited the recipe with Smart Balance. It's tasty like butter - no trans fats. very good

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

1. OMG. Are you saying you like the candy, "Dots" or you like candy dots? If the former - I'll eat those until my tongue goes numb.

2. Must try mango margaritas. Sweet Baboo is most disapproving when I indulge before a race, but perhaps after next year's IMCDA I can kick back with a few Mango Margaritas. They sound sublime.

3. That casserole sounds familiar. Is it by any chance from the Sweet Potato Queens Book of love?

3.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Oh, and one more thing (4) I've been shopping for the perfect water hammock. If you know of one, let me know. (I think we were split apart at birth)

Tea said...

Double Stuffed oreos and dots?

I don't supposed you like Cream Soda too?

My great aunt used to own a candy store, and she would bring those to us things when she visited. Who cares that fewer than half my teeth remain...you gotta live.

don said...

Thanks for the recipe Di
Did I mention that you are HAWT!

jahowie said...

Mmmmm....Bloody Marys....one of my favorite after ride drinks. :-)

Di said...

Don - Flattery will atleast get you a recipe!! ;)

Jahowie - Next Tri we're at with you, I'll bring the Bloody Mary's. My Bloody Mary's are sought after when we(Bigun) race!
;)

momo said...

oh, i love bloody marys too - and since you're coming to cda, will you, please make me one? or two?

my kids don't like the smart balance taste but they like benecol - have you tried that one?

Unknown said...

I haven't seen candy dots in years
!!!!