Monday, September 3, 2007

Almost There! Chicago Day 3

We said good bye to Bigun's Mom and her hubby Bob - (we have no photographic proof that Bob exists...)

I got behind the wheel for this leg of the trip. Driving through the mountains of West Virginia while roads are under construction... loads of particularly challenging FUN!!!! NOT!
We were almost killed when a big dually about 4 cars ahead of us goes riding up the cement barrier in a single lane run of a 6 lane highway. Other than that, easy drive.

I drove to Ohio so, no photos of the journey there. This is the morning of the third day. We had a lovely breakfast with Uncle Mel, who you see sitting here with Joey.








The breakfast was lovingly prepared by our Cousin Kim and her mom, our Dear Sweet Aunt LaVerne.














Our Cousin Anne stopped by too with her little boy Spencer. I have a shot of Anne, but if she saw it (it was early morning) she would kill me to find it posted on the blog. So, I got Spence with his Uncle Joey. (It's really Joe - but Joey gets his goat...lol)









After a really fun and tasty breakfast we hit the road again. Bigun was driving this leg of the trip...
The day was pretty uneventful.
It poured in buckets between Ohio and Chicago. Not a lot of photo ops there.








As you can tell.












We arrived safely in Chicago.












That is me on the right with our friends Andy and Brittany. The way the camera captured the sun in this shot it looks like Captain Kirk is beaming us back to the Enterprise.









This is where the swimmers in the race will be swimming in about 12 hours.













We get back into the traffic to head out to Andy and Brittany's for dinner and a couple of hours of sleep. Knowing what the traffic is like lets us know the morning will start for us at 3am, central time. Crap.

6 comments:

Tri-Dummy said...

Bigun's mom looks like she had a race medal around her neck. For a sec, I thought it looked like an M DOT!!!!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

So nice that you could see family and friends along the way. I especially love the sunbeam shot!

Bigun said...

Oh no, I married a Start Trek geek! Engage - Di's favorite is the bald guy. I keep waiting for my hairline to recead so I can justify shaving it, thus really turning Mrs. Bigun on....

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

"NOt a lot of photos ops"

Oh, I dunno. The breast house was kind of interesting...

Fe-lady said...

Oh yeah...looks like Ohio. Glad you stopped there! Love oHIo! (Wah...miss it!) ....sometimes....

Tea said...

I love the pic of bigun and mom.

Thanks again for the photo journey!