Sunday, June 16, 2013

Shopping With a Teenager....Gotta Love It!

Today was pretty low key. We spent the day lounging by the pool and then went up to the roof to watch the sunset. An adequate recovery plan after the previous day of mall shopping with a 15 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. HOLY CROW!!! Shopping with kids that age is more painful than a dental visit for a root canal without Novocain.








I have to laugh, each year I look forward to having the kidlets here and each year, they want to go shopping. I dread shopping days. Laughing is all I can do. They have very definite ideas about what they do and do not like. Nic has officially grown out of the phase where I could talk him into joining Shelby and me for pedicures. This year, he has put his proverbial foot down and declared he would NOT be getting a pedi with us. I am greatly disappointed. Why do boys and men (for the most part) not understand the importance of taking care of their feet?


The no go on the pedi is also a precursor to when the kids will be busy with their friends and summer plans that no longer include their aunt. It makes me sad to think that day will come, I'll deal with that when it comes. In the mean time, I am going to enjoy what time I have with them and I'm going to take advantage of whatever adventures they are willing to share with me, including mall shopping. Tonight, they were as excited about going to watch the sunset as I was.... I love that about them. They still see the beauty in life's simple things. I hope that never changes. 

1 comment:

Melissa Kay said...

I think you are the best aunt ever! The pictures are all fabulous!