Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Meant To Do That....Honest....

 Earlier this evening, I was reading a book on public speaking. It is actually very interesting and it had my full attention. Hard to believe right? Even though I am reading, I can still hear Moya moving around on the chair next to me. When I had looked up a few minutes before, she had her Kong toy and was diligently trying to get one of her treats out of the toy. Kong treats are the best puppy sitters in the world. When she has her snout in one of those things, she doesn't get into anything else. If you have a dog in your house and you don't use a kong as a puppy entertainer, you should.

Back to my story, I'm reading, Moya is occupying herself with her kong. Out of the corner of my eye I see the kong go up in the air, I look up and realise she has just tossed it up and had planned to catch it in her mouth on its way back down. She sort of tossed it high and behind her head....Keep in mind, she is laying in the chair- backwards. As she rolls back and stretches her neck out to try and catch the kong, she loses her balance and her whole body rolls over. Right over the edge of the chair onto the floor. THUD! She was so startled she just laid there. All four paws in the air, head facing in my direction, tilted back, looking at me with that look of, "What the hell just happened?!" Being the horrific mother I am, as I reached to grab her and lift her up, I burst into tears with laughter. She still had that dumbfounded look on her face and wasn't moving. Once she heard me laughing, she was startled out of the trance and tried to jump up. When she got up, with my help, she looked at me as if to say, "Yeah, I meant to do that. Hey, have you seen my kong?" The next three minutes were spent with me laughing out loud and Moya trying to use her paw to coax the kong out from under the chair (it had rolled there when it landed on the floor, seconds before she did).

Now, Moya is laying back in the chair, facing the correct way and staring at me as if I somehow caused her to fall out of the chair when she wasn't looking. She isn't going to take her eyes off of me just incase I do it again. I'm still laughing......I know, I know, I am a terrible human. I'm sorry Moya. xoxo

No comments: