Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Me (& You) Against The World

Yesterday, I was busy rehearsing a speech I had to give later in the afternoon. My phone chimed, so I looked at it and there was a little red "1" over my chat symbol. Someone had sent me a text. When I opened it and saw who it was from, I smiled. Before I even read the message, I smiled. I love this girl and it warms my heart to no end when I hear from her because we are indeed friends. Without further ado, I'd like to share with you what she sent to me....


"I send messages to people in the am and I liked this one and thought about you and me and how we are always trying to grow so I thought I'd include you today!

good morning, di, another week, another monday!! pulling out the gangsta wisdom for you today...  Tupac Shakur once (in)famously said, 'You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened...or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on. how about we agree to do just that today, shall we?' xoxo!"




I love that my friends know who I am and that they share their thoughts so openly with me. It makes me feel privileged. She is right and Tupac was right, sometimes, you just have to move the fuck on.

No comments: