Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Inferno

Some days, I really should stay home. Not so much to make myself feel better or because I'm not up for the day. It's more for other people's protection. There are days in which I think I need to protect others from me and my impatience. Yesterday, I nearly took some one's head off and they did nothing whatsoever to deserve it. Of course, I apologized almost instantly. They were faultless in my lashing out.

My hormones are going NUTS these days and I never know if I'm going to have a good day or a day filled with near heat stroke flashes of inferno-like body temps. It feels like my brain is going to explode. It passes almost as quickly as it arrives but man, if anyone tries to talk to me, or reason with me, during one of my near Spontaneous Human Combustion moments look out!!!

This shit sucks. Still, I recognize when these days are about to occur but I try to move forward anyway. For me, there are moments that staying civil is nearly impossible. It is like I'm watching someone else living in my body! I can sense what is about to happen but I am powerless to stop it. WTF?! Thankfully, the crazy bitch moments are not frequent and I can usually get them under control but it sure would be nice if I could lasso them in before the ugly is rearing it's spiny head.


So, if you happen to pass me on the street or bump into me in the store and my eyes look glazed, and my skin is moist with tiny droplets of sweat, run. Run away as fast as you can, you don't want to get caught up in my fury and end up like the people in Firestarter after Drew Barrymore finished frying them to death. Although, I will apologize after, if you're still breathing.


Love ya. Mean it.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Know you are not alone in your maddening Saharan journey. Explaining it to someone who is not yet there is futile. Only those of us struggling to maintain an appearance of normalcy while searing from the inside out can comprehend. My thermostat is quite broken as well which drives my reactions to almost everything over the edge when the extreme heat rears. xoxo

Di said...

Thanks Sam!
I started getting these in my late 30's....when does it stop?!? LOL

Unknown said...

The doctor told me they could last 10 years or more after your last cycle. No wonder we become crazy....years and years of wanting to rip our clothes off due to heat that no one else around you feels.