Monday, July 23, 2007

The Land of Pine Trees, Sand Hills and Tabacky

Wish I had more for you, but this is all I got...
My trip to NC


On the way there....














During all of my driving, I noticed that this






























is gradually being replaced with this...














Or, for those of you with a finer palette you probably call it this.













All of my days were spent working. Working hard with my sisters and my Mom. After the work was finished at the end of each day, we tried to have a little fun
My niece Alex helped my other niece Riley make funny faces...















Of Course Riley didn't need a lot of help making funny faces. This is her "Oh my gosh, I am so scared" face















This is Riley's "Holy Jumping Beans Batman" face as my nephew Aaron bounces her 2 feet into the air














This is Grandma's "OH S#!* " face as Riley and Aaron bounce her.

















Following a long day working and packing over 40 years of accumulated belongings Dale (my sis) and Alex still had a smile for me...after a Mojito or two.

















Alex bounced....



















Aaron bounced...












My sister Jenn bounced















Aaron bounced some more.
I even bounced, but we have no photographic proof of it.

















We shared beautiful sunsets...
(Alex took this picture)














I shot this one




















We found old photo albums from when we were babies/ toddlers. This is a picture of me when my Mom busted me bouncing on the sofa - way back when.
















After an exhausting week, I headed home. I passed this guy at South Of The Border. Then, I made an hour and a half detour to Myrtle Beach, SC. I passed him again on I10 in Florida 5 hours later.













I knew you would ask... this is S.O.B. South Of The Border








Translation = Hyped up ,"Made in China", how much money do you have?, tourist trap in Dillon South Carolina.
It was a long week and i was able to spend each day with my 3 sisters. It's the first time ever that all 4 of us have spent that kind of time together. I'll cherish it always.
I hated having to leave my family but, I am glad to be back home with Bigun and the chilluns, here in Florida.
I am going to try and catch up with everyone this weekend. I've been gone (from The Land of Blog) for 2 weeks and it feels like months. I missed you guys too!! It's nice to be back home.

24 comments:

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

sounds & looks like quite an adventure. I love looking at your photos... :-)

Unknown said...

Ooooh. Now I want to go bouncing! (I'll settle for swimming though.)

Welcome back Di!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

I'm so glad you're home - I missed you and your blogging! I LOVE the hair shots. Who was driving when you took those pictures on the road? LOL. Have camera, will travel - that's you...

ltcaesar said...

After years of passing the SOB signs, I had to stop and see what the big deal was. I was expecting something incredible...but they must have spent all of their money on advertising.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Great to see you back to the Blog. Always like your pictures, and sounds like you had some great times with your sisters.

Tea said...

Welcome Back! I missed your posts and comments.

I love those pictures!

bigmike600 said...

Nice pictures Di. Thanks for leaving the comment on my sister in laws blog. I'm Mike by the way. bigmike600 in blogosphere. You really need to solicit some magazine somewhere to let you do professional photography. (maybe you and bigun can move to CA and you guys can be paparazzi. Bigun is stout enough to make any body guard cringe). Glad you had fun. Seeing family (by choice) is always fun. Can't hardly wait for the next month to go by so we can meet.

bigmike600 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wrenched Photography said...

God I hate S.O.B. South Carolina is a fun state though.


Hmmm Alex is cute.......

aimee said...

I always enjoy fun times with family :) Great pics!

Edamame is way better than tabacky... yum!

Supalinds said...

I want to bounce, and drink with a sunset like that! Looks fun, and gotta love the family time (every once in a while).

Andra Sue said...

Oh my gosh...I remember all those SOB billboards from my many childhood trips between Georgia and Pennsylvania. Can't believe they're still around. Never stopped, although it doesn't sound like I missed anything!

Mmmmm...edamame. :)

Bigun said...

Ha! Winz...(shaking my head...) Di, what is she, like a sophmore in high school? She's perfect for him.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Hey y'all (just trying to fit in with the whole theme)! No more solicitations for the Biguns to move. We kinda like 'em right where they are! :0)

Comm's said...

at first I thought, "she don't have kids." Then remembered its the dogs.

Unknown said...

Welcome home Di!
Yeah for super sister time! One of the best vacations I ever took was when Michele and I packed up all the kiddos and flew to tracy's in denver for a week. I swear I never smiled so much in my whole life!

tayjizzy said...

Love the family pics. Your nieces are cuties. Looks like a fun trip. This is my first visit to your blog. I'm jenny wimmers(laurajwimmer) sister, Michele

Oly said...

Edamame! Hell no those are beans, Soy beans. Soy is for, um... well people that don't like meat and I'm not that type. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Great pics as usual, but as Jay would say, if there's not a pic then it didn't happen. Yah, I'm talkin about you jumping.

Glad your back as well.

Dances with Corgis said...

Yum endame. I buy the frozen kind at Elie's and cook it up to munch on when I am working asian markets late night (3-5am). Load it up with some crushed red pepper and salt and YUM.

Love the trampoline pics as well!

Fe-lady said...

Cute kids! Fun times! Great pictures! "Pedro Land?"-
in South Carolina??? Is that P.C.? I don't think it would "fly" to well in Az!
Welcome back! Was the headboard a surprise??

Anonymous said...

Hey, I served up an awesome dinner, man.... no credit, love ya sis.

D.

Tri-Dummy said...

Flippin fun pics! Laughing my booty off!!!

The Stretch Doc said...

Hey Welcome back! Great pics!!

thanks for sharing.

rockon`

Anonymous said...

Dewain DID serve up a great dinner - KFC, Chinese, something else too? LOTS of drinks - juice, fresh made tea - 1 gallon, lasted all of us about 45 minutes. And all the ice water we wanted. Buffet style with Shelby saying the blessing before anyone dug in(not counting the chicken nuggets on the way home). And Carrie's best part - she missed the gathering of ALL of her in-laws except BIGUN and Alexis. We should have turned on Toy Story in his honor.
For Blink140pnt6 - Di was the FIRST one on the trampoline that evening. She can indeed bounce. Her flips had us all laughing.
We never did the group photo this time.
You should post your WOO HOO photo!
sister Dale.