Tuesday, July 10, 2007

There's a RAT in the Kitchen

And I don't mean this kind...
Ratatoullie and mixed veggie grill
Chef: Michelle Trute
Michelle has loads of eggplants in her garden and suggests picking them young so they don’t need to be salted its only when they are huge & older that the salt is used to take away the bitterness.
Serves 4
Degree of difficulty: Low

You need:couple of cloves of garlic
large onion
500g zucchini (appx 2 &1/4 cups)
slice one capsicum
large egg plant
1 tin of chopped tomato
500grs(appx 2 &1/4cups) of eggplant in 2cm thick rounds
1tsp sesame seeds
chilli to taste
1 TBS rice vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp lemon juice
2 cloves of crushed garlic.
Method:ratatoullie, which is simple, its just sauté garlic and onion till clear followed by zucchini slices, some capsicum diced & egg plant slices & a tin of chopped tomato, let it simmer for about 20mins, and serve. You can add some chilli if you wish as well. It will thicken and be delicious for a healthy lunch and great to freeze.
Mix the marinade and brush over eggplant let sit for 10mins, grill on both sides basting with mixture. Something even simpler is an eggplant stack with alternative slices of tomato, eggplant & parmesan cheese baked in the oven.
Leftover Potential: Good

I mean this kind- Ratatouie - I have been wracking my brain on what to talk about. I figured after my little rant about rude people I needed to move on so you wouldn't all think I had lost it and fallen into a dark void somewhere.
Okay, I saw it. Ratatouie. Yep, niece and nephew were in town last week so we meandered over to the theater to see a fun and lovable animated feature from Pixar. The rat in question is named Remy uh, he's a Chef. Uh huh, you heard me right...Chef. Isn't he cute?
Pixar has successfully created another incredible hit. On my part, there was one exception...It was all good and cute and funny until the hordes of rats came in to "help" in the kitchen. I know, it's an animated feature, supposed to be funny and all, I must confess, it weirded me out. The CGI is so good these days that it was almost too real. I have the heebie jeebies just thinking about it again. brrr...
and, well, that's all I got. Dinner and a Movie.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this one!

Tri-Dummy said...

Di:
I don't know about this movie. I love food. I kinda like rats in a sick, but NOT perverted, way.

I just don't like the French. I like Belgian French (Blink), and one French Canadian (Georges St. Pierre.)

I can't watch a French movie unless it involves them being invaded and then saved by US troops.

Bigun said...

Wow - Tridummy - a man after my own heart - I heart Tri-Dummy!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Rats! I forgot what I was going to say...
;)

bigmike600 said...

Thanks for causing my stomach sides to touch together with that amazing looking food. Now I some hungry I have to go eat popcorn (hopefully that is not French as I would hate to upset TD and Bigun) I do like french toast!!!

bigmike600 said...

stupily fat fingered the keyboard...I meant I am so hungry I have to go eat popcorn.

bigmike600 said...

I give up

Anonymous said...

Wow Mrs. Bigun
U R Hot!

Di said...

Wendy - overall, great movie. I did laugh a lot in it. It was really good, just the swarming thing...
Tri Dummy, the rats were great in the movie. I couldn't get past the incredible animation. The kids will LOVE it. Shelby and Nic did.

Bigun - well, nuff said

GEL - crackin me up!!

Big Mike- you are having the same kind of typing day to match all of my typing days!! lol

Don - Good to see you again!! lol

Oly said...

MMmmmm....ratatoullie.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I really feel like my new training program is working for me. I'm also a lot more motivated to do it.