Sunday, July 15, 2007

Morton Plant Meese '07

Morton Plant Meese Triathlon at Sand Key, in Clearwater, took place this morning. It was so much fun! There's so much to tell I don't know where to begin. I guess, the beginning is good. 4am, alarm ticks of and begins buzzing. Bigun has coffee ready and I pull my things together. I made sure that I wore Tri Dummy's T shirt (again) for the Triathlon. Word on the street is that if there is no photo - it didn't happen. Well, TriDummy, finally. Here's the proof I wore your T today...
Wait. Sorry TriDummy, that one is from today's race. Wrong shirt. Just a sec....




I think this is the right one.....
Fudge. That's not the right one either. Where did this one come from?!?! Oh, that's right, The 101. Humm, I'm sure it's here, I know I wore it...just a sec...wait...
Here we go.






Oh. Huh. Not lookin' too good for me is it? This one's Miami Man. Still not the one I'm looking for...
Wait....wait....hey, we might have a score here, just a second...




There it is!!!!







The (in)Famous MARANATHA ADVENTURE TRI T!!! Look Jay- no bicycle grease either!!! She's as pretty today (5 races later) as the day I unwrapped her!! LOL. For those of you who don't know, I won the Name The Bike Contest for Tri Dummy's Bike. As a Thank you and Congratulations I got this T shirt. TriDummy is the RD for this race . I have worn it on each race since receiving it, thinking I would get a photo of it being shown off. I photograph everyone else and never manage to be "in" any of the photos - hence, no proof - never happened according to TriDummy. Well my dear, I wore it and I made sure to get a photo. Just for you!!!
As for the race - Got to the park where the Tri was happening and found my way down to the beach. My friend Green Eyed Lady was lending support on the water. She was out there in her kayak and I wanted to get a few shots of her. Bigun and Excel Man (GEL's hubby) were on the beach chatting it up and Excel Man's wave was called forth, so I missed a shot of them together, but here's Bigun. The sun was coming up behind him. It was really lovely out there this morning.













While I was getting some shots of what was going on in the water and the early departing waves , the kayaks, the lifeguards, I hear someone saying my name. It was a friend of mine, Megan Rog. I always knew she was really fit and worked out hard to keep in shape but I didn't know she was a TriAthlete!! Wow!! I have known her for years! Megan took a really big step today. I was so proud of her. This was her first ocean swim. The water was like bath water as far as the temperature goes. She was a little nervous. I followed her through each leg and she did AWESOME! She totally rocked the course.


Luke couldn't race today so he came out and offered his support with my usual Tri Compadre Crew, Luke's wife, Perez and their Sherpa in training, Boo. Check out Luke's new hair do. Cool. Once again, Excel Man was just too fast, I didn't get any shots of him. His wave was so far ahead of Bigun's that I would have had to have been in 2 places at the same time. Excel Man was coming in on the bike as we were walking to the bike route. I was bummed I didn't get any pictures but thrilled we got to see him go by. The same thing happened as we were on our way to watch for him on the run. We were walking to the leg of the run and sure enough, there he is, making the turn around at the final bit of the run.


Bigun coming out of the swim....
















Megan looking strong from her first swim in The Gulf..heading to her bike
















I couldn't resist this shot. The light was perfect, the water was calm and the Lifeguard was beautiful.








That's Diane on the comm there.... Diane is also a Triathlete. The wave in front of her is Excel Man's wave.











Bigun tearing it up on the bike

















Megan finishing up her bike ride


















Bigun still going strong on the run















Check out that smile as Megan hits the last stretch of the Tri. She looks awesome! Such a strong finish









Speaking of finishing strong....there's the Bigun with a big smile right before he knocks out another Tri. Chock that one up as D.O.N.E.
Today was a good day at the races.












There are so many photos I would love to post, but I don't want to totally bore you. I'll leave the tech talk up to Bigun and Excel Man. They're better at that part of the reports.
I hope everyone who raced this weekend had a great time and finished well!!

26 comments:

Oly said...

Again great photos sherpa but I'm getting a bit concerned that Dummy is rubing off on da Bigun, he seems to be hamming it up for the camera.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Great pics, Di. I had a blast out there today. I told you before that I doubted I would get up that early and go if EMan weren't racing but I've changed my mind. It was a very rewarding experience. I hope you'll be able to do this sometime, too...

Tea said...

That report made my whole day! I love the pictures.

(who needs tech talk when you have incredible pictures? right?)

Jazzzzergal aka "Mrs blink" said...

Great report! I bet you would be good at strip poker! Check out all those t-shirts! Atleast now Dummy will have to give you a break! :)

bigmike600 said...

Once again. Great pictures and awesome race report. You must get tired from running all over the place to get those great shots. The wife and I are getting excited to meet you guys in Chicago next month.

Cindy Jo said...

You are such a great tri-supporter! Your husband is SO LUCKY to have you!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

Your pictures are FANTASTIC!!!

Unknown said...

You are awesome.
I wasn't sure where the tee shirt thing was going, I thought maybe you had loaded some striptease music into the jukebox.......

Fe-lady said...

Photos are never boring...I LIVE for blog photos! (I too could post MANY, but fear people would be yawning!)
Great shots, great report, and great opening "where's the t-shirt?" sequence! You and Bigun are too funny...are you as funny in real life too? Or is it just for blogging? :-) Can't wait to share some laughs with you next June....save some fun for us- OK?

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Love the pictures and thank you for NOT resisting taking the picture of the beautiful lifeguard.

Unknown said...

Di, as usual, the photo essay was wonderful.

Tri-Dummy said...

There's nothing like seeing a pretty lady in a tri t-shirt...especially MY tri t-shirt!

Okay. You're off the hook, Di!!

Great race. Great report and photos!

S. Baboo said...

Great pics! The Bigun looks like a killa!

tri-mama said...

Are you going to sell that lifeguard photo? :-) love the pics and the report

Di said...

Cindy Jo - Thanks so much for the compliment! I have fun at the races. Our friend Luke (a triathlete)came last sunday to watch this one, he said he'd rather race, running from point to point he said was too much work!! LOL

Di said...

Jazzergal - strip poker... don't give the guys any ideas!! LOL

J-Wim - I am so bummed I didn't think of the strip tease music... something like Joe Cocker singing "You can leave your hat on"!! Darn darn darn!!

Fe-Lady - In person, I'm not funny at all. Not even a little. I have zero sense of humor, wait, was that funny? LOL I can't wait either, we will be having so much fun at CdA!!!

Tri-Dummy - Only for you would I take my clothes off online!! LOL

Tri-Mama - I wish I knew the girl's name who was lifeguarding, she might like to have that shot. ;)

The Stretch Doc said...

dang those are some nice pics!
great job on the race recap!

rockon`

jahowie said...

Very cool blog. I'll have to keep checking this one out. Love the song too.

Dances with Corgis said...

NICE!!

That lifeguard shot is gorgeous. How does she save people in such a skimpy suit? :)

You have shot where bigun looks like he is elevated. :) Just hovering along on the run. Great report!

Bigun said...

Elevated??!?!?!? Di photoshoped the crane.

What lifeguard?

Di's funny in person, yea - I'm a lot funnier though.

Di's lieing, she'll strip for anyone who can make a mojito or a really good chocolate martini.

TriShannon said...

You took some great pictures! Love reading the race report from your perspective!

Tony said...

Thanks for the great post and the fantastic pictures. It looks like you had a blast and your husband had a super race. You really have a talent for catching "the moment" on film. Keep up the good work.

bigmike600 said...

Man Bigun
You better get the blanket and pillow and hope your couch is comfortable.!!!! Di
I need you to take some pictures of me because somehow everything you photograph turns out beautiful and every picture I have of me looks like I have either just hurt myself or just been to the dentist for a root canal.

Wrenched Photography said...

These pics and your strip tease no longer make this blog G rated.

Andra Sue said...

Okay, just so you know? You can post about things other than triathlon. I mean some of us (ahem, moi) might like to hear a little about the trials and tribulations of your design business. And toile. Hee hee. :-)

Dances with Corgis said...

Okay... so... I was wondering today when I'm reading your comments on other blogs and thought I would come over here and put you on the spot. :)

So after being so supportive and awesome at all of these events, do you ever think about racing on your own? Just curious :) Inquiring minds and all ;)
Court