Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Ahem

WICKED was totally wicked. Not the book. Indeed I can honestly say it is exactly what I expected. That meaning I knew it could not be like the book. It was a surprise on the comedy side of the Production. I loved it. For me, when I watch a musical or a play on stage, I get lost in more than the story line. When I watch a movie, regardless of comedy, drama, horror, etc. I get lost in the story.

On stage, I get lost in the production itself. I experience the story. The costumes, where a character stands on the stage, the subtle gestures and the exaggerated gestures, the props, the mechanics, the colors, the costumes. It all fascinates me. Maybe that is a bit distracting in my ability to simply lose myself in the story. I lose myself in the entire being of the production. It's a living, breathing, pulsing event and I am smack dab in the middle of it. Lost.
Oblivious to most everything around me. Except the person who decided to de-shoe and allow their funky a**, nasty feet catch a little air. My air. My precious previously odor free air. WHO DOES THAT? WTF?!?! Aside from that excruciatingly LONG period of 7.32 minutes of funky air - Wicked Oblivion was my own personal space. I want to go again. It's like a good book. The more you read it the more you enjoy it. The more you are able to absorb it's subtleties. You are able to witness it's brilliance and it's color with enhanced, more vivid, more aware eyes.
I wonder if I could score tickets again by Sunday? Sunday is the last production. (in Tampa) I heard though, if you stand outside the box office- in line- starting the night before- you might, just might, get to score an unclaimed ticket. Humm, maybe I could call in sick tomorrow and get in line a day ahead of time. That should guarantee me a ticket. Wait.
Maybe I should go see the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz. He would help me get a ticket. Follow the Yellow Brick Road, follow the Yellow Brick Road...
Yeah, that's the ticket....

3 comments:

Bigun said...

hopefully I've done my fair share of Wicked for one year...you're not going to make me go again, are you?!?!? - Kidding - I had fun...but not kidding, lets go to a movie instead....

Tri-Dummy said...

Hopefully those stinky feet didn't activate the NCOS (nookie cut off switch)...cuz Bigun needed to be "compensated" for sitting thru that snorefest you call Wicked.

Di said...

LOL the stinky feet didn't activate the NCOS...Bigun was snoozing away and sawing the ZZZ's before I made it into the Boduoir. He flipped his NCOS on me!! LOL