Monday, March 19, 2007

Crusty Man

Crusty Man aka Bigun and I attended the West Point Founders Day Dinner last Thursday evening. It was enjoyable and very interesting. We have already shared those facts with you all. What I haven't told you yet...wait...here it comes.... are you ready? We met a TRIATHLETE!!! Curt and his wife, Linda sat opposite Bigun and I at a large round table. Conversation was relegated to quiet shouting if you wanted to be heard across the table. Needless to say, we didn't talk to them. That is until after dinner and we were all trying to make our escape.

Talk about Karma. I felt compelled to invite them to a cook out the '86 grads from this area are having in April. They live in the same neighborhood we will be partying in(they are '84'ers). It's only right to invite right? That's what I said too.

Well, Linda and I have chatted briefly online and it turns out (we athlinked them) Curt is a triathlete!!! He is already signed up for many of the races Bigun is racing in. HOW. EXCITING. IS. THAT!?!?!? WooooHooooo. I need more pom poms!!! I need Black and Gold Pom POms (USMA colors). Beat Navy!!

I'll keep you posted.
Oh, by the way, I think they like Scrabble too. Talk about a Karmic bonus!!!

2 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

Navy vs. Mariens, yikes! reminds me of the movie A Few Good Men where Kiefer Sutherland said "Hell, I like all you Navy guys. Every time we gotta go somewhere and fight, you boys give us a ride." haha..

I love all our miltary, Dad is retired Airforce, but I'll pull for da Bigun!

rockon`

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all could make it to FD! Thanks again for your help w/ registration. Here's to more good times ahead!
Hope