Sunday, March 4, 2007

Paint, it's a Behr

So, first you ask- "Is this post at all Tri related?" Well, I can answer that with all honesty- I don't know yet.

What I can admit to upfront is the impasse I have reached. It is the ever formidable PAINT COLOR impasse. I have 4 gallons of Behr paint- which includes the color. The problem is, getting it from the paint bucket to the wall. Anyone out there know how this happens? Actually, let me restate the question for clarification. How exactly am I supposed to get the paint onto the wall in a short amount of time with no commitment of my own time? BTW hiring someone to do it, it's not on the "Remodel Budget", so- any ideas? I may still have a little room on the remodel budget for beer and pizza. Dilemma....I think that everyone we know is wise to this ruse and would simply feign other commitments.

I have, for all intent (almost) finished the Dining Room. I had quite a lot of help with this. Even Bigun pitched in on this undertaking. When you see it you'll understand why I am over the whole painting thing. It was pretty intense. Worth it? Well, yes, when it's done. It isn't completed and already I have friends who want this finish done in their home. Did I tell you it's stunning? It is. Directly opposite the Dining Room is our Office. I'm not going to be doing any special finishes or faux techniques. The Dining Room is quite spectacular and any faux opposite it would be too competitive. The office is just 2 colors rolled onto the walls. Easy. Right? Okay, until you have to move all of the bookcases, the sofa, the desk, the filing cabinets, the chair...are you getting an idea now? I haven't even mentioned all of the prep work. You know what I'm talking about, the taping, the priming, the cutting in, the tarps. ARRRRRGH!! All in the name of beauty.

I'll say it for you, "Kwitcherbitchin". Done. With paint any way. For now.

Well, Bigun and I have had our new Washer/ Dryer set for a week. Spectacular. They are washing clothes in a fraction of the time it took my 12 year old washer. ie:save money on electric, save money on water. When I remove the clothes from the washer to the dryer, they appear to be nothing more than damp. The spin cycle is KILLER. This in turn also reduces drying time....saving more money!! Love to save. Love to look at the beautiful color. Any one want a tour of the laundry room, just say the word!

I have finally started to get serious about buying my new car now. My lease is up in May. Phew good thing too, I was feeling the panic of crunch time with it being up in about 3 weeks. Luckily I was mistaken. After experiencing that slight panic though, I thought I better get busy. So, here is an example of what I will be soon driving. (check out those black racing stripes) HAWT. Driving may not be the correct terminology. Flying might be better. Yes, hard to imagine a Mini flying, ride with me once. You'll be on board with my terminology afterwards. I love to drive. I do. It's the best quiet time of the day. Except for the music. The music is really loud. It's a requirement isn't it? I'm not into the really loud thumping bass. I'm into as loud as I can get it to drown out my off key warbling attempts at singing. No, I am not a good singer but I must confess, that doesn't stop me. I don't care. I love music and I love to sing. Wanna ride?

I am so psyched that I am going to be able to put my bike on the back of my new car. I never had that option with the SAAB. Yes, I know they make compatible bike racks. My concern was the paint. We had a rack for the Rodeo we owned and the rack totally wrecked the paint job. I didn't want to risk that with my SAAB. (it is leased) No problem with it on the Mini. It's an option. Can you believe it? On a cute little convertible, they offer a bike rack as an option. I am so stoked. I am fully aware that a Mini Cooper is not what you would typically describe as a "Sexy" car. Then again, I have always been attracted to the nerdy types. There is nothing sexier than a smart man or a smart car. oohh I get chills just thinkin' about it. Know where you're going? Maybe I can give you a lift.
Tri season is fast approaching. WOOOOOHOOOOO. I look forward to the races. It's always an adventure. Bigun is in great shape. He's going to be a man to watch. I have seen vast improvements in his running abilities. If I were to say he had a weakness or an area that I worried most over for him, it was the run. Now, when he's finished with his runs he comes in strong and smiling. HUGE difference. I am so proud of him. Bigun will definitely be a contender this race season. In addition to vamping up his run he has also improved his bike and swim. Those skinny boys better watch out. When you skinny boys feel the ground shaking as you run, look over your shoulder. If you don't kick it in, that Clydesdale, Bigun, is going to kick your ass. How sexy is that?
Can't wait for Tri season to start.




5 comments:

Bigun said...

you should look over your shoulder, honey - ahem...sorry about that.... =;-) yea, I'm such a p..i..g.. pig!

Anonymous said...

When we got our new front load, Jose came home from work to find the girls and me sitting in front of the washer watching "laundry T.V.". We all yelled "Hey Dad, ya hear that?" "Hear what?" "Nothing. That's what." Whisper quiet.

I don't know what to tell you about the paint problem. I spawned children and that's how I get my fancy paint techniques done. I can still boss them around some. Maybe you could conduct a contest of some sort or run a numbers board on who finishes first or who does the best job. I can see you in the middle of the room with your judges score cards: 9.9, 9.9, 8.3 (the German judge), 9.8 and 9.9.

It might work.

Love,
Patty

momo said...

ha!! my husband doesn't race, but if he did, he'd be a clyde and i think he's sexy as all get out. those skinny guys got nothin on our men. ;-)

wotd help...

i tend to be parsimonious by nature, but just couldn't help spending $1500 for a washing machine when i realized it came in red. :-)

Di said...

I'm with you Momo - skinny schminny that's what I say. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to my ride!
Hope