Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cosmetic Surgery

Today Betty Lou and I took a little trip. I dropped her of to have a little "work" done. She has wanted this since the day she came to our home. Today, it happened. While she was undergoing her little "operation" I went to Calidesi Island for about 4 hours. This is how I spent my day....

I ran into the Dollar Store and found a cute little Beach Chair. It wasn't a dollar - it was 12 dollars...Dollar Store? I guess they never say it's the One Dollar Store...
After that I headed to Honeymoon Island to catch the ferry out to Calidesi Island. While waiting for the ferry to launch I watched a dolphin herd mullet in the little inlet. This Dolphin had to be 700- 800 pounds. It was huge. The ferry's Captain concurred.











As we were headed out on the water there was an Osprey perched on a post having lunch....




















I wouldn't have minded a little ride on the Hobie Cat. Beautiful.
















After a 20 minute ferry I landed at Calidesi... it's full of beautiful sites...the sandpipers were flitting all over the sand. Finding little edibles everywhere.

























People were enjoying the sounds of the wildlife mixed with the sound of the water crashing on the sand and lapping at the beach










































Green Eyed Lady joined me....































I hope you enjoy.....





























this school of dolphins were amazing. They were actually jumping out of the water. I was too slow to catch it though. There were about 10 of them all together.














































































There's more....about 123 photos more.

Alas, all good things must end.
Finally, it was time to go pick up Betty Lou. When I arrived, she was checking this guy out.


That's right Carmen, Betty Lou was totally mackin' on your dream ride...She was flirting and showing off her new Booty Hardware....


I showed up in the knick of time. Next thing you know, I'd have had little mini's zipping all over the place.

12 comments:

Comm's said...

Boy put one of those 'tramp stamp' tattoos over the license plate and you'd have quite the harlot.

Anonymous said...

Awesome photgraphia! I love your toes. You need to put Kaley and Jackie on your blog group.-Patty

Wrenched Photography said...

great photos! Hmmm sounds like Betty lou needs parental supervision

Anonymous said...

I have to come hang out with you a while and learn to enjoy life and not to stress so much…



Carrie

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful....wish I was there! Love to you both!

cheryl

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that...It was refreshing to see the world through your eyes for a change. I forget how wonderful the world is sometimes.

BHN

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Did you take all those pictures? (Sigh.) GORGEoUS! It's been YEARS since I've been to the ocean.
LOL - mini-mini's. I dream of having a car like the mini. After raising 3 kids, it's been my long-standing fantasy to have a car with no back seat. Maybe when mini-baboo goes off to college I'll reward myself with one. :-)

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

I spent the afternoon with you just so I could verify any further attempts to prolong the installation of your bike rack! ;) Ok, this means we're on for Tuesday, right? And just when I thought you couldn't top that Crazy music selection of yours, you come up with a mate for your Mini. That's funny, I don't care who you are...

Tri-Dummy said...

Domino is looking good.

momo said...

was that toe pic for me??? i love it and the rest of them are beautiful - looks like the PERFECT day.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, very nice.
suzi

Anonymous said...

Was that a picture of your toes? Betty Lou is sooooo cute!!


lani