Saturday, December 2, 2006

Kah Ching!!!

Well, it has begun. The money thing. Wait, it's an ongoing money thing isn't it? Silly me. So really, nothing has begun, it just hit a small peak. Yes, the time of year when the Races give you the added benefit of saving a few pennies by signing up early. Shuh. That's just so that they can have your money early to start the spending early.

When we girls find a sale and spot that one irresistible, lonely pair of shoes or that hot new pair of jeans, we just HAVE to buy them don't we? After all, they're on sale...that means we're saving money. Well everyone, "Early Sign Up" is nothing less than a SALE to our athletes. So, when you see those race fees showing up on the bank statement don't stress out. Macy's will soon be affording you that beautiful pair of GUESS Snakeskin Pumps. They are really hot too. Remember, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, or vice versa. Let your athlete enjoy that warm fuzzy feeling of being ahead of the crowd and getting a great deal while they're at it. Just close your eyes and imagine those beautiful (no longer lonely) pumps on your (also no longer lonely) feet.

Now, lets talk about the "non-SALE" items. The new running shoes, race clothes, much needed bike items (this is the big ticket stuff). Okay, first of all how many miles do our guys/gals put on those running shoes. I would venture to say...LOTS. I don't know if this is true for you guys but I know that for Marc he is past do a new pair of running shoes. WAY PAST DUE. I never mind when it's time for new gear that he needs. To me, if he is running on a crappy pair of shoes he is heading for potential injuries. Sure, he could injure himself at anytime, anywhere. Why increase the odds by letting him run on worn out soles? The medical bills could be a lot more expensive than a new pair of tennies. I say, get the tennies.

Okay,next on the list is race clothes...this one I struggle with a little bit. The britches I get, they need something for comfort. That is a given. Lets look at the ticket price on these things. The people selling this stuff, they are racking up. Riding shorts/tri shorts are not cheap. My jeans don't even cost as much as some of those shorts cost. Can I hear and AMEN? It never fails that the need for these replacement items never falls on "SALE" days. Am I right? But, like I said, they need them. So, you have to get them. Remember that hot pair of jeans I mentioned earlier? Guess what, they'll be on sale soon...I got the email from Nordstrums. Boy, they really make your butt look good too. Honey, did I mention I found you a new pair of TRI shorts too? Sorry, I couldn't get your new shorts on sale but I DID manage to find my new jeans on sale. Isn't that great?!?!?

Jerseys and socks.....holy cow. Have you seen the ticket price on these things?!?!? Well, again comfort is a big deal for these long races. So, spend what you need honey. I'm okay with that. You have to make sure you take good care of yourself for the upcoming TRIs. Knock yourself out. Get what you need and don't worry over the cost. It's important.

Fashion on the other hand totally comes into play when it is time to outfit the bike. Don't you agree? Sure some of this stuff will help you aerodynamically. I don't doubt it. Just let me ask this...how many "Aerodynamic" items can one bike take?!?!? Come on Admit it ya'll, most of it is "BIKE ENVY" I have seen my man drooling over a set of wheels at almost every race. (They did look hot) Guess what he got, you guessed it, new wheels. I have seen his eyes roll back into his head for a newer more "aerodynamic" water bottle holder. Aerodynamic waterbottle holder, hummmm. The real issue here is whether or not these high end add-ons are truly necessary. Are they? Truly? Me thinks they are about as necessary as my new GUESS Snakeskin pumps. Did I need them? well.... no. Do they look great on me? Darn tootin! They look BETTER than great. Who knew my legs were so long?!? So, I guess my point here is to let your athlete spend what they need to spend. Don't get your panties in a wad when you see the little charges here and the little charges there. They(your athlete)will simply have to remember..."What's good for the gander is good for the goose/vice-versa" Shop away Baby. Marc, did I mention- Ralph Lauren has a new scent on the shelf and guess what....it's on "SALE"!!! How great is that?!?

Okay, I make jest of all of the race expenses involved and I know for many of us it is serious money being laid out. I must mention though, since Marc has been racing his interest in hi end electronics has diminished somewhat. That's a good thing. I would rather see him save $3500-$4000 towards a bike rather than a TV. But thankfully, he has put so much money into his bike to make it "aerodynamic" he won't need a new bike for a long long long time. Right Honey? LOL Right.

We all work so hard these days spending money just becomes a question of what we'll spend it on. I would rather see my man spending it on things to keep him fit and healthy rather than a new big screen TV. Don't get me wrong, my new jeans, they also help to keep him fit and healthy...they really DO look hot.

Thanks for checking in everyone. I promised you my biased as well as unbiased opinion. I hope I didn't let anyone down.
Diana

1 comment:

Bigun said...

I love the new title for your blog....makes me want to sing it every time.....I'm such the rappah....