Sunday, December 24, 2006

Peas & Carrots or Psycho/Psychic/Psycheee whatevah



I don't know how long many of you have been married but Bigun and I are just past our 13 year mark. You could say, we are like "peas and carrots" Why do I bring this up you ask? I'm getting there, bear with me. This morning after breakfast Bigun and I were talking about the day, the coming week, etc. This is how the conversation went....







Almost out of the blue he asks me, "Hey, did you get that whole 'Stalker' idea from my blog?"


My mind is replying"huh?" or " you're kidding right?" I want to laugh but I can tell he's serious and I get the image of "he's bananas" looping through my mind

My mouth quickly gets ahead of my thought process and instead of what I'm thinking, I say "what do you mean? did you write a blog about you being a stalker?"


Bigun replies "yeah, did you read it? Is that where you got it from?"


My mind is saying "WTF?!?" My mouth replies, - "No, did you post a blog about you being a stalker? What, you don't think I'm clever enough to come up with this on my own?" In the mean time my brain is flying through all of his posts and for the life of me I can't remember reading one about him calling himself a stalker....


Bigun proceeds with his line of interrogation with "it's saved in my drafts, did you read my drafts??


My mind is back to "WTF?!?!- are you kidding me?" but this is a lighthearted conversation and I have to remind myself of this fact so....getting control over my mouth takes a few seconds. I try to remind myself of that whole peas and carrots thing I was talking about earlier...You see, I don't know if I should be angry over his assumption that I haven't the mental fortitude to be as creative as him or if I should see the hysterical humor in it all and just laugh. So- I laughed.


After all, we have been married 13 years and we think alike. On most things.


For example- we'll be driving down the road and I'll see something that is really unremarkable so I keep the comment to myself and Bigun will blurt it out- verbatim- exactly word for word what I was thinking. Weird huh? Happens daily with us. We always steal each others' thoughts. I don't know if it is because we have been together so long and the psychic connection has strengthened over the years. Or if we steal each others thoughts just because we have always thought the same way about most things.


Now all I need to do is learn his sign in name and password to make sure he isn't planning to steal anymore of my thoughts. This time I beat him to the "PUBLISH" button, but next time, who knows?.........

2 comments:

Bigun said...

Here's what I wrote, but hadn't gotten around to finishing and publishing:


I've been bad ever since this Alcatraz gift dropped in my lap. I'm not getting any work done. It seems like any chance I get I'm looking for folk's impressions of the race, looking for deals on hotels and flights, checking out pictures and seeking as much information as I can about the race. I'm becoming an Alcatraz stalker. I'm hoping this phenomena only lasts a few more days. I'm about at the point of total absorption, although I did find a nice description of the bike route that describes it turn by turn, hill by hill.

About a month before Escape, I've got the 101 race in Bradenton - I'm hardly even thinking of that one! It's a Half-and-a-Half (I made that up btw - feel free to use that if you like...) and I'm sure will be a very challenging flat race for me early in the season

Weird, eh?

Anonymous said...

...twighlight zone tune playing now......