Saturday, December 23, 2006

Obsessive Behavior?






Okay, here we go....Bigun has finally settled it in his brain that we are indeed going to San Francisco for the big "Escape". Excited? Yes, I would self describe as being excited. Excited about the trip, excited about the whole "Hi I'm a tourist" bit, excited about Bigun having a dream come true so early in the game. When I refer to him having a dream come true so early in the game I mean that he will only be starting his 3rd season on tris and already he has won the opportunity for Alcatraz. I have met people who have been waiting for YEARS to see this chance. Some Athletes may never see it....sorry guys :(

Bigun however has become obsessed with this whole Alcatraz race and I have to tell you, I am worried. If this race were a woman, he would be arrested for stalking!! Yes, he is officially a race stalker folks!! I may have to find a rehab center for him long before he ever makes it to San Francisco. He'll need to be treated for his addiction if he plans to race in any other competitions this coming year.

Yes, "Escape" is a big deal. Never in a million years would I try to take this race away from him. If anyone is onboard with Bigun and his racing, it is definitely me. Problem is, he has been sniffing way too many "Escape" articles via the Internet. There is a big race coming up a month before the "Escape" and he has barely thought about it. Thought about it, hell I don't think he even remembers it. It's not a little race either. It's like a half plus a half. You know, the "101" he spoke of ever so briefly.Phffffft!! Out of his head. Forgetting about a race of this length is simply unnatural for a man of Bigun's nature.

Help me out here guys, how do I get him to focus on the big picture and not just the feature video he keeps playing over and over in his head about the "Escape"? To help with the visual here is what I have come to believe is going on in his brain.....Bigun is at the start of the swim, suit on, cap being placed and goggles ready to go. Just waiting for the gun shot..... the rest is all a blur......
This race can be equivocated to the same idea as giving dope to a junky. Yes, it is hard to imagine when you see this face, he is a Race Stalker so beware. If he asks anyone about the "Escape from Alcatraz" race, pretend that you know nothing and change the subject QUICKLY!. Do not be an enabler, help him fight this fight against being a stalking race junky. We can do it if we all pull together. Do it for Bigun, do it for all of the Tri Sherpas (Mrs Biguns) out there who are faced with this sort of addiction.

2 comments:

Bigun said...

did you say "escape"...?

Di said...

You give a whole new meaning to escape my darling dear oh man of mine... LOL