Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Strange Bird


This post has absolutely NOTHING to do with Triathlons. Sorry for any of you tri geeks popping in. Stay tuned though. There is always a tri blog on the way. Just wait until I get to the whole "flip' thing in the Bigun's swim routine. I have tickets available for anyone wanting to witness it for themselves.
Any way. I was "cruising" ? is that the right term? I am probably showing my age by even uttering the word let alone typing it. Point is, I found this blog by sheer coincidence/mistake. I started a second blog for helping people with Interior Design dilemmas. http://cominghometoday.blogspot.com Design is what I do when I am not chasing Marc all over the place with his Triathlons. So, I was searching for other posts, links, ads, etc to help get the blog out there. I stumbled on "running with scissors"http://iamrunningwithscissors.blogspot.com The Title of the blog made me curious because some of my friends/colleagues liken me to always running with scissors. Anyway, this girl, "Strange Bird" is facing a moral dilemma. -Did I tell you I often use the term "strange bird"? -(a little twilight zone music in the background) scary.
She has a whacko roomie, well maybe not whacko but definitely borderline if not OCD clean. (whackadoo)Almost freakishly so. Passive agressive in her approach to solving issues with Strange Bird and completely cowardly in facing the music. The problem here is- 6 &1/2 months left of living together with no real options other than putting the "demons" out on the table, coming up with a cooperative solution to solving the "cleaning" issue and getting over it. This is exactly what Miss Strange Bird would like to do. She is smart. I am totally on her side. Yeah yeah yeah, there are always 2 sides to everything. However, if roomie won't even show up for the solution, who cares what her side is?
Strange Bird is right though, be concilatory as a roomate, life will be much easier in the long run. It would be my approach too. Secretly though, I would daydream of pouring a gallon of Canola oil all over the roomie's bed. Hell, it might help her resolve other issues. Could be seen as a favor don't you think? Loosen her up a little. The other option is Strange Bird needs to buy a truckload of clorox wipes and keep one handy at all times. What do you think?

No comments: