Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Priorities


Christmas is upon us. I almost feel as though it is bearing down upon me like a Mack truck racing at 40 miles over the speed limit. I can see it coming fast but, like a deer in the headlights, I am helpless to move out of it's path. Bah Humbug? No, not at all. I LOVE Christmas. It's all of the prep work and the buying of gifts and blah blah blah that have me looking in the rearview mirror.

Yesterday while I was at work, I received a call from my lovely husband. He wanted to meet me for lunch. Sounded great. He ran his 3 miles, rode his 25 miles and swam doing his new flip routine (on the short lanes this time). Right around 12 he pops in and we go to lunch. There is a restaurant near my Studio called Gators Dockside. The food is good and the service is too. The down side, all of the HUGE TVs. It's a bit of a sports bar/restaurant. I do not mind this at all. Truly. I find though that often Marc and I get sucked into watching whatever is on the tube rather than actually having lunch together. The important thing I guess is that we made the effort? Or did we?
So, Bigun has the rest of the day off-Tuesdays and Thursdays are his weekend days. He is headed home to put up the Christmas tree for me. YAHOO!!!! I was wondering when we could squeeze in the time for this. I planned to leave the studio at 3 so that I could get home and spend some quality time with my hubby prepping for the upcoming Holiday. 3:30 rolled around and I finally could leave. Mind you with traffic I didn't actually get home until 4. As I walk in what did my wondering eyes see? My drop dead gorgeous tree standing idle waiting for it's pretty adornments? No. Marc stretched out in his big man chair with his feet up on the big ottoman. Ford Florida Ironman playing across the screen of our big TV. Wtf? I am quickly informed, before I am 10 feet in the door, "Honey this is the ONLY time I can watch this...." well, what am I supposed to say? What can I say? Nothing. I do get it, honest. I think he had his eye out for Big Kahuna, Bolder and a few other athletes he keeps up with. Who can blame the guy. Watch away...

In the mean time, my tree is still not up and I am home early to try and spend quality time with my man. Don't get me wrong folks, I would have put the tree up myself without Marc if I could. It's too big. Way too big. 13' when it is all put together. Unfortunately about the only piece I can manage is the top piece. So I waited out the Ironman Broadcast here at the computer. True to his word after the broadcast was over he put the tree together. It is HUGE and it is GORGEOUS! It will take me 2 or 3 days to decorate it. I have the 10' ladder on one side and the 6' on the other side. I love Christmas. Here comes that Mack truck...

No comments: