Sunday, April 22, 2007

Smackdown





It's time. Time for St. Anthony's. It's time for the bell to toll. Bigun has been waiting a year for this. Last year, St Anthony's was tough. It was tough for all who participated. The water was so rough that people were going down and had to be rescued left and right. Even seasoned veterans were found fighting for every stroke. This year, St. Anthony will be put in it's place. It's proper understanding of just who is really who. Chin up St. Anthony. This year, Bigun is here to Kick your ass. Bigun is here to throw you so hard to the mat you won't be able to walk again for a full year! Are you ready?

It scared me to watch the number of people who were being pulled from the water last year. I kept holding my breath hoping that Bigun would not be one of them. To my relief, he pulled himself from the water as it threw him to the stairs. Literally, threw him. I watched the water push him under and then lift him up as he was reaching for the railing. I was standing less than 10 feet from him when I saw his hand shoot out of the water and grab for something, anything to help him out of the water. I was so happy! So damned happy words wouldn't begin to describe the elation I felt at that very moment. The moment I knew my man was going to arrive safe on land and finish this race. You see, if he could make it through the water, he could make it through the race. Okay, so St. Anthony was teaching a class in humility. That's alright. We can live with that. For now. Until next time...
Here we are again. St. Anthony's. Bigun is going to KICK. IT'S. ASS. That's right, I said it. He's going to kick it's ass. Can I get a BIG "Hot Damn!!" How about huge "WooHoo!!!!" I have watched Bigun grow as an athlete in leaps and bounds this past year. The difference in him from last year is remarkable. As an endurance athlete he epitomises growth. His waist line has shrunk but his heart and his mind have grown. In leaps and bounds. This will be his 3rd season as a triathlete and it is just a marker of what is to come. I am so proud of him. Let me hear it ya'll ! "YeeeHaww!!"

Many of you get to see the jokester and the funny man. That is him. He's funny. Very funny. (I'm always laughin' on the inside) With that funny man comes an incredible heart. A heart filled with determination, drive, integrity and strength. Next weekend he's going to draw from that strength and smack St. Anthony's right into next year. I cannot wait!!
You'll see me, Boo and Perez standing fence side hollering and cheering as loud as we can. We'll be yelling for Bigun and Perez's hubby Luke, Tomboy's hubby "Excelman now aka Brickman" Sporting the pom poms and cowbells. If you see us there, make sure you stop by and say hello! We'll be there cheering for all of the athletes. Every athlete there has a huge investment in this sport. An investment of mind, body and time. We love seeing them all stretching and reaching for their goal.`
( the photos are downloaded from © Copyright 2003-2006 PhotoChambersAll Rights Reserved )


GO! BIGUN!!!! GO LUKEY LUKE!!!! GO BRICKMAN!!!! LET ME HEAR YA HOLLER!!!

11 comments:

Bigun said...

Thanks, honey, but no chearing for Brickman aka Spreadsheet!

Di said...

well honey....Tomboy is my friend... I have to make it look good in public. Even though I'll be hollerin' for Brickman, deep down, it'll really just be on the inside....
;)

Comm's said...

Have a big sign and wear something noticable. Be the supporter everyone sees and hears.

momo said...

hot damn! yoo-hoo and yeehaw! GO BIGUN!!

di, i think you're the most awesome ironspouse and bigun is lucky to have such support in you. he's going to ROCK at st. anthony's, i just know it!!

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Great report!

But you know what I find even more impressive than Big-gun getting through that swim? (and that did sound tough)... but, the music selection for today... Four Non-blondes... way to take me back! Hey, ye-ah, yeah. Hey, yeah, ah. I said hey, what's goin' on?

I'll be humming this all day. Maybe I'll go find my long lost CD and turn it up.

Oly said...

I love pom poms and cow bells, WOO HOO!!!

Fe-lady said...

I am sure conditions will be better than last year! Have fun-that goes for both of you! Can't wait to hear how he does!

Jazzzzergal aka "Mrs blink" said...

Love your post Di. You expressed such emotion. We will be racing as well on Sunday. Go get em, Bigun!

Di said...

The whole Blink family is racing this weekend aren't they? (except maybe the dog?) I hope everyone has a good time and great times!! Thanks for the hollas everyone! we sure do appreciate them!!

Tri-Dummy said...

Di...go Bigun! You are a great Tri-Mama.

So...the burnin' question is "WHO WON THE DOGGONE T-SHIRT!!!!"

Tension breaker. Had to be done.

Well?

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with bells on ~ cow bells, that is!!! Boo can't wait to use her pom poms and I'm looking forward to screaming myself hoarse with you Di. Oh, and watching the athletes stretch isn't half bad either... just kidding, you're the only one that rocks my world Luke! You, Bigun and Brickman are going to make St. Anthony's your b!*ch this year!!