Friday, April 27, 2007

Time For a Real Vote!!


Here is the list of the favorite names. Post your vote! The name you choose for the Mini has a "companion" name for the bike. There may be 2 winners - one for the bike name and one for the Mini name. But there are 2 shirts You'll find a brief synopsis of why each name was chosen and who came up with it. Vote carefully and with thought. This is what my Dynamic Duo will be called for the rest of our lives.....

The companion name for Sexxy Betty - Fred This one comes from Betty from the flintstones - she always wore blue. Bam Bam was suggested for the bike, but I always thought Fred had a thing for Betty afterall, she's Sexxy courtesy of Blink

The companion name for McGill - Nancy this name is from a Beatles Song - Rocky Racoon. "her name was McGill, she called herself 'Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy" Courtesy of a non- blogger friend.

The companion name for Domino - Art Domino is an Ex-SuperModel turned Bounty Hunter -true story- she's baaaad. Art is short for Artemis my alter ego in greek mythology A LOT of thought went into this duo. Courtesy of TriDummy

The companion name for DB - Coop DB was inspired by DB Cooper the guy who supposedly stole all of that money way back when and then jumped out of the plane and was never heard from again. The man is a legend. I spun it to stand for Di's Baby. Coop just fits for the bike - courtesy of Brickman aka Excelman (green eyed lady's hubby)

The companion name for Carma - Al this one - well Carma, play on words. I don't know where Al came from but it fit, so I kept it together courtesy of a non blogger friend

The companion name for Tina - Ike (Ike the bike...lol) What needs to be said? Courtesy of Comm

The companion name for Louise - Butch Originally inspired by Thelma and Louise. I have always loved Susan Sarandon. A friend of mine and Bigun have always said that if my life were ever to be made into a movie - Susan Sarandon would be the only person who could play me. The bike is a boy though so Thelma (sorry Geena) couldn't work....hence Butch came to be. ( BTW my middle name is also Louise)This name is courtesy of Greeneyed Lady

click on the button next to the name you like then click on "vote now". Easy.




































10 comments:

Bigun said...

what happened to TD's greek mythology suggestions?

Di said...

Well, actually if "Domino" gets selected - TriDummy will have 2 T's because the companion name for the bike is Art - Artemis.

Bigun said...

crap - I already voted for Betty - sorry TD...

momo said...

what about louise and THELMA!?

Di said...

well....louise and Thelma would be 2 chicks... The bike is a boy. So, I borrowed from Thelma and Louise, loved the two together, but calling a "dude" thelma was kind of weird.
I am open to any feedback....

Di said...

I wasn't going to share this but I might as well.... The name "Butch" to go with Louise...well, because I needed a guys name for the bike I asked myself, if Thelma were a guy what would she be... the answer was "Butch" that is where Butch comes from. Now, you know the rest of the story.

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I chose the first one. I like retro things, like the Flintstones. I liked the greatly under-celebrated Betty, too.

Di said...

Betty would have been a sexxy athena I think....

Di said...

looks like it's going to be a close one between Sexxy Betty and Louise....hummmmm interesting

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I missed the vote. I would have nominated Fred and Ginger, but that is so over used and not very original... do you have anything else that needs naming?